Chapter Twenty Six

Vada walked into the house and slammed the door.
Tears streamed down her face and her heart raced and her hands shook, she felt like falling apart.

Every single reason that was stopping her from relapsing didn't seem to matter anymore. None of it.

She ran upstairs, ignoring the people in the dining room and she searched her bedroom high and low for any sort of drug she could take, but she didn't find a single thing because the drugs she hid in her desk were gone.

"Fuck!" She yelled, pushing over her nightstand.

"Looking for something?"

Vada turned towards her bedroom door and saw her mother leaning against the doorframe, looking over at her. Vada huffed out a laugh and turned completely towards her. "Okay, where did you put them?" She asked in amusement.

Jennifer wasn't fazed. "Why don't you come downstairs so we can all have a talk?"

Vada found amusement in her mother's concern, seeing as she wasn't so innocent either in this situation. "Fuck you, I'm not doing shit." She said, rushing past her mother, bumping her shoulder as she did so.

"Vada."

She walked into her parents bedroom and started searching through it for her drugs, ignoring her mothers pleas. She was trying to play it cool but she was really freaking out, with losing her drugs and Michael and with her withdrawals, she felt like she was going to explode.
"Where the fuck did you put them?!" She yelled, throwing off the comforter from the bed.

"Vada-"

"I will fucking kill you!"

Jennifer stepped back, hitting the wall as she watched as her daughter tore apart the bedroom. Tears filled her eyes. "Vada, please." It was like deja vu, all of a sudden, she was 15 again getting yelled at by her father. It was overwhelming.

"Where mom? WHERE?!"
Jennifer began to stumble on her words as fear washed over her.

Suddenly, a voice from the dining room spoke out. "They're gone."

Vada froze, realizing who's voice it was, she turned towards her mother and laughed. She paced past her and down the stairs, where Chloe and Julia sat at the dining room table. She stared down at them as her mother stood beside Casey behind Vada. "Why are you here?" Vada asked.

"I'm- We're worried about you." Julia said, tears in her eyes.

Vada shook her head lightly, a light scoff leaving her mouth. "This doesn't fucking concern you." She mumbled as she turned to walk away.

"Yes it does." Chloe defended Julia, staring up into Vada's brown, angry eyes.

Vada turned back towards them, a stern look on her face as she said, "No the fuck it doesn't." There was a moment of silence when Vada began to pace the room, trying to keep her withdrawals and her out of control mood swings under control.

"They couldn't bear to watch you destroy yourself anymore." Vada glanced over at Julia as she continued, "We're not going to stand by while you slowly kill yourself. We just want you to be okay."

Vada stopped and stared at her for a moment before glancing over at Chloe, who looked down. She let out a soft breath as her smile faded and she stared down at Chloe. At that moment, she realized Chloe told Julia after telling Michael and Julia told Vada's parents in fear of her overdosing. "Why the hell would you do this?" She asked Chloe, but she didn't speak, she just stared down at her lap, tears falling from her eyes.
Vada turned her attention back to Julia, she stared down at her in anger.