Chapter Twenty Five

Vada walked into the house and into the dining room to go upstairs to her bedroom but her mother stopped her.

"Vada, come over here please." Vada silently huffed and dramatically turned around and she sat down in the chair across from her mother. "Have you been in the basement?" She asked.

Vada stared down at her lap. She could barely process what her mother was saying to her from how high she was. "W-Why would I go into the basement?" She managed to get out.

"Something went missing down there and I was wondering if it was you that took it." Vada gulped lightly. Oh fuck. "I know it wasn't your father and you're the only other person in the house."

Vada inhaled sharply and leaned back in her seat to look at her mother, who stared at her, attentively. "I didn't touch anything."

Jennifer stared at her for a long moment before she nodded and looked back down at her laptop. "Okay."
Vada knew she didn't believe her especially with the way Vada was acting, but she was too high to care, so she stood up and walked up the stairs despite feeling her mother's eyes on her, she just kept walking then she walked into her bedroom and closed the door with her back as she leaned into it so her back was pressed against the door and she stared down at the ground as she sunk to her knees and she let out another shaky breath. She sat there in the same position for what felt like an eternity until finally, she turned and opened the flap to her bag and took out a bag of white substance from which she stole from Chris' bathroom when she was there earlier that day, and she turned to look at the trash bin beside her desk and she stood up and walked over to the trash bin, drugs in hand, and she stared down at them then at the trash bin then at the drugs again. She couldn't bring herself to it. She couldn't throw them out.
Fuck it. She thought to herself as she pulled open the top drawer to her desk and she pulled up the platform and tossed the bag into the hidden hole and forced the slab of wood back into place and she shut the drawer and plopped down in the chair.

She promised herself that she would stop taking drugs and for what its worth, she meant it, she wanted to quit. For good.

Vada sat outside of the house, on the porch stairs. She held her knees to her chest as she stared down at the ground. She felt physically and emotionally exhausted, and there was nothing to do about it but wait for it to stop, to wait for everything to stop. Someone sat beside her. She felt their eyes on her, but she didn't look up. They sighed.

"Chloe told me she found drugs in your room the other day when she came over to hang out with you."
It was Michael. Her heart dropped.

She hasn't spoken to him since she told him she was bipolar. It started as him giving her space but that quickly changed into avoiding her and she didn't know why at the time but now she does.

"Is this why you've been avoiding me?" She asked in a low voice.

Michael let out a soft breath as his heart began to race. He nodded and said, "Yeah, I needed time to process everything."

She looked up at him. "And did you?" He nodded again. "And?"

He stared at her momentarily before looking down at her hand and he held it. He looked back into her gloomy eyes and inhaled softly. She could see how hard it was to say whatever he was trying to say. "This is too much for me to handle, I have a lot going on right now and I can't handle another thing. I..I have to leave..."

She furrowed her eyebrows.
"Leave? Leave to go where?" She asked, confusion in the tone of her voice.

He sighed softly. "Somewhere to clear my head, maybe go live with my uncle in Chicago for a while, I don't know."

She broke eye contact and tears filled her eyes. She could feel her heart begin to break. She let out a shaky breath and looked up at him as a tear rolled down her cheek. "Are you breaking up with me..?"

It broke Michael's heart to see how heartbroken she was, it made him second guess his decision but he reminded himself that he needed to do this.

"I-I'm sorry..."

She let out a shaky breath, breaking eye contact again as she stood up. "I have to go." She blurted out before running back into the house, ignoring Michaels pleas.