chapter 02 : encounter

filthy, inappropriate, bare, disgraceful.

that was all katsuki was. his robe dirty and torn where it met the clean red floors of the palace.

though, these all were things prince, now king, izuku midoriya did not see.

what he saw was blinding beauty, katsuki's soft face, his petite, feminine body, and obvious distress.

"who are are you to ruin your new king's coming of age celebration!" a couturier immediately shouted, his robes white and glinting with silver.

izuku was the only one to wear gold, his robes long, a pattern of lace-like flowers trailing down it all.

"i-"

"a maid you are!"

"is death which you seek?!"

"you should have your limbs ripped from your very body as payment for your utter humiliation of your new king!"

many went on, those who were invited to view the crowning of izuku firsthand.

though, katsuki did not know what to do, it was not his intention to interrupt such a time like this. he did not mean to disrespect the king, he was simply unaware of it all!

"no, you're all wrong! some wench and her men threatened to kill me!" katsuki explained to no avail.

"your matters are none of our concern. though, if you continue, you will die." the courtier spoke, looking over at izuku who's face held nothing but objection.

though, it soon contorted into unbridled anger as he heard his courtier speak.

to him, katsuki was nothing but pure beauty, his deep wine-colored eyes full of so much emotion, anger, sadness, confusion...

he held it all.

"i'll have you know, your death will be at my hand if you do not stop slandering this poor boy." izuku spoke, earning many gasps from those around him.

though, izuku didn't care. anyone else's reactions did not matter, he only cared for the shaky blond in front of him.

the gasps only grew more audible as izuku stepped down the golden, nearly glowing steps in front of the throne he'd been previously seated at.

"s-sir, you shouldn't-!"

izuku did not respond, only glared at the noisy courtier before walking over to katsuki who had been trembling this entire time.

"what is your name, boy?" izuku questioned, approaching katsuki to realize he was slightly taller than him.

"peasants like him don't have names. you know that!" the courtier interrupted once more.

that's when izuku turned around, glaring at the man with overflowing hatred before speaking. "your work for me is now over. leave."

the courtier's jaw met the floor below immediately as he was suddenly being carried away by two large men who seemingly emerged out of nowhere.

the man struggled and yelled only to be tossed out of the tall double doors of the palace, into a much darker hall where he would probably never be seen again.

"speak to me, will you?" izuku pleaded, his gloved hand trailing from the subtle bump of katsuki's adam's apple up until the tips of his fingers were just barely meeting katsuki's chin, tilting his face upward to meet izuku's gaze.

katsuki then swallowed thickly, izuku's touch was so overwhelmingly gentle that he could feel a tingle in his cheeks as they grew warm.

everyone else had gone silent around them, completely shocked at was they were witnessing.

"bakugou katsuki.. s-sir?" katsuki hardly uttered, the attention making him undeniably nervous. so nervous that his mouth could not dare utter a foul word.

"katsuki? i like how that sounds." izuku declared, earning a gasp from katsuki.

this guy - no, the new king had said his name. his first name! and complemented it!

katsuki could not respond, he was simply frozen, his head was empty and the only thing he could see was izuku's face near his.

"now tell me, why're you here, hm? you've interrupted a big day for me, katsuki. you could get into a lot of trouble if you continue to stumble into important ceremonies." izuku shook his head with feigned disappointment as he removed his hand from katsuki's face.

katsuki flushed at this, he felt embarrassed. he did not mean to interrupt.

"you're acting like i did it on purpose! i was running for my life, you know!" katsuki scowled at izuku, now slightly angered that he was being accused of interrupting on purpose.

"is that so?" izuku questioned and katsuki nodded.

"then i want to know more, let's go." izuku spoke, holding his hand out expectingly in front of katsuki.

katsuki was hesitan. how come izuku wanted to know about him, a random citizen who'd almost lost his freedom?

though, he looked back to the door he'd came from, it was outside.

outside is the place that he was unwanted, insulted, and probably would be taken away once more.

but here, izuku was offering a hand out to him, willing to listen to want he had to say.

and so he accepted izuku's hand.

"sir, you haven't finished your ceremony yet." a new courtier spoke. neither izuku or katsuki had noticed when he'd been placed in the room.

izuku turned to look at the short yet shaky man who was now fixing his glasses before scoffing.

"i have a crown on my head, correct?"

"um, yes sir."

"and i have now been declared king, am i wrong?"

"no sir, you are not."

"then as king, i now say this ceremony is officially over. i bid you all good day."

and with that, both katsuki and izuku were out of the throne room, their fingers interlocked tightly as izuku guided him out.

even though katsuki had just lived through it, he still did not know how it'd happened.

how on earth did he end up holding hands with the king?