chapter 22 : heal

despite the very troubling night, katsuki seemed as though he were a different person.

he woke up in a panic as he noticed the bed was empty, his chest rising and falling rapidly as he whipped his head around, searching.

though, he didn't see it.

he did see him.

where was izuku?

did he leave again?

the creeping thoughts brought tears to his very eyes as he nearly broke into a cry at the thought of being parted from izuku.

"please, de-"

"morning kacchan." izuku hummed walking into the room with a tray in his hands, tapping the door closed his the tip of his foot.

katsuki gasped sharply, wiping his newly formed tears away with his sleeve before grunting a short response.

"you slept a lot. i've already eaten but i have this for you." izuku hummed, approaching katsuki's side with the tray. it was simple, a bowl of soup, chicken broth.

"you murmured something about hunger in your sleep. are you?" izuku hummed softly gazing up into katsuki's deep gaze.

katsuki's eyes were as deep as they always were and izuku nearly sighed with relief at the fact of knowing that katsuki didn't let anything change him.

though, izuku then immediately noticed something else.

katsuki's eyes seemed a bit clouded, as if he were hiding something deep down within himself.

something dark, consuming.

"he didn't - i didn't get fed, only dirty water." katsuki explained shakily. izuku frowned at this before watching as katsuki picked up the spoon, bringing it to his mouth as he attempted to eat. though, he immediately scrunched his nose with intense disgust.

the blond then gagged, almost allowing the liquid to spill back into the bowl.

"i can't - no, i just can't." katsuki groaned as he just barely swallowed the bit he had. his stomach twisted intensely at the idea of eating.

"kacchan, you have to-"

"i said i can't, okay?!" the blond snapped, causing izuku to go silent.

"ah, okay m'sorry." izuku spoke softly. "i'll be back with water if you need it."

katsuki gasped fearfully at the idea of izuku going. "no!" he panicked, "don't go - just request it instead."

izuku's eyes grew a bit at this before he noticed the pure fear in katsuki's eyes before nodding. he then took the tray away before opening the door, calling a maid over to take it away and bring water instead.

katsuki remained silent, sinking into the bed as he gazed into the blankets intensely.

izuku soon returned with a glass of water. "here," he whispered into katsuki's ear, handing the cold glass over to him.

the blond nodded before accepting it as he sat back up.

though, as he took a sip, izuku spoke. "i want to help you." he said.

katsuki then looked at him before scowling, "i'm fine." he replied. izuku hadn't responded, knowing that katsuki was lying. though, he could not do anything, he knew his efforts would only contribute to the worst of the situation.

the blond then yawned, handing the glass back over to izuku before sinking into the bed once more. "deku," he hummed softly. the green haired man hummed, slowly creeping onto the bed to sit in front of katsuki.