chapter 18 : peace

"your honor, ochako and i will unfortunately not be attending this wedding." momo announced as she stood in front of the king who sat with his head in his hands.

izuku only hummed before removing his hands from his face, gazing up at the raven haired girl. "do as you please.. princess utsushimi and i could get married in a closet for all i care." he groaned out, frowning deeply as he revealed the display of dark circles around his near-lidded eyes.

momo hummed at this before spinning away at her heel, heading for the door.

"king midoriya, it's been requested that you allow us to apply makeup, to give your face life." a maid spoke as she entered the door. izuku only clicked his teeth while momo smiled sheepishly at her before exiting the room.

the raven haired girl wordlessly strolled down the halls, the clicking of her heels being the only sign that she was around as she maneuvered through the floor which was covered in maids, working to prepare for the ceremony.

momo smiled at many of them, waving softly and nodding as they greeted her with great respect. the dark-haired woman was often looked up to in the palace, many other's admired her confidence and ability to correct any oncoming crisis within the kingdom.

she was smart, strong willed, young, and worked well with izuku. in the eyes of many, momo was absolutely perfect.

momo hummed as she turned the corner, walking down a much quieter hallway. it was empty though had many doors. the raven haired girl continued to walked until she stopped at the fourth door, unlocking it with a key that only one other had.

"ochako?" she spoke softly, earning a hum from the other girl. momo smiled softly before quietly closing the door. "what'd he say?" ochako asked eagerly as she stood from the chair she was seated in.

"he says that he does not mind if we do not attend. so, here's the plan," momo said softly despite soundproof walls. "we will be going to town, there should be many in town today for the king's wedding. which means, the outskirts may be vacant. we can search then, every last part until we have a sign of katsuki."

ochako nodded, "okay. we should take a cart, it will be much quicker than on feet." momo hummed, "you're right, and it shouldn't raise suspicion from the utsushimi family." she said.

the auburn haired girl found herself giggling softly, only for momo to quirk a brow at her. "hm?" she hummed.

"it's just that you care, a lot. it's admirable." ochako said. momo's expression was puzzled for a moment before she smiled as well. "well, i've been working for the king since he was a scrawny little prince. it hurts to see him hurt, i want to fix things."

ochako looked up at the taller girl before grinning brightly with a nod. "okay, let's do this. though, we'll need one more thing." she said before walking over to the corner of the room. momo only followed her, curious about what the girl had to do.

ochako then ran her index finger along the wall up until she felt a small lump. she then pressed the lump, revealing a small drawer-like compartment which emerged out of the wall. the drawer had a number pad on it to which ochako effortlessly punched the code in before backing up. soon, the compartment disappeared only to push open a small door-like hole in the wall.

"how did you-"

"i had been pressing around a lot while you were gone. and, surprisingly the code is the king's birth date!" ochako beamed before opening the door, only for momo to gawk at the discovery once more.

there behind the wall lay a mini-arsenal, with only a limited amount of weapons hidden in it. "we're going to need to defend ourselves, of course." ochako winked. momo only smiled softly before grabbing a sheathed sword, attracting it to her belt just as ochako did the same.

"i like this," momo said proudly before looking over to ochako.

"we will find katsuki and give midoriya peace of mind once more."

-----

the sounds of the royal chimes could be heard from any distance. though, they were not just some ordinary chimes, they were wedding chimes.

they were beautiful, gentle and alarming, telling everyone in the nation that their king, izuku midoriya, was truly being married.

everyone was excited, joyous of the unification of the kingdoms as they knew it would mean more power, money, and a thriving kingdom.

that's what they assumed.

though, izuku himself knew the truth. he grew sick at the chimes alone as he gazed over to the princess he had been forced to sit near.

"i hate this!" camie groaned out, causing izuku to scoff. "and you're assuming i'm enjoying this in the slightest? i have a love elsewhere. and i'm worried sick about him." izuku spoke.

"do you assume that i don't have a love elsewhere?" camie questioned, causing izuku to immediately quirk a brown with curiosity.

"there's this girl.. back in my kingdom, she has the prettiest crimson hair and the softest canary eyes. though, i've always watched her from afar, never learned her name." she explained.

"but, one day my father caught me gazing at her and he knew it - knew that i had fallen for her and as a punishment, he arranged this.. this wedding." camie confessed, before her eyes widened at the realization.

"oh my, i'm sorry! i just assumed you'd care because well, you know-"

"no, it's fine. i understand that completely! my father tended to grow angry at me when i had shown no interest in any of the girls they'd present for me to court. if he were alive today, he would have likely done the same thing if he had seen me with katsuki." izuku shrugged.

camie nodded, "why're parents like this?" she chuckled softly, shaking her head with slight disappointment. izuku only sighed, knowing the small talk with camie did relieve his stress, though he was still worried sick.

"i don't quite know, but it's nice to know we have something in common." izuku smiled.

camie nodded, "yeah, guess you're right."