⭐️ Two Falling Stars and A Pearl Prologue

Synopsis: An imoogi and his falling star.

A/N: An imoogi in this story is a good creature that will be explained below; he has both a magical form and a demi-human form.

Coursing through the skies, scales dragging through the fluffy clouds Chenle took flight in his serpent-like form. He bobbed through the white mist with the two, long, thin appendages on each side of his chin dancing in the wind. His clawed arms and legs grooved in the soft sounds of air, nose cutely snorting enjoying the cool air.

All great dragons of the sun god have always been born as an imoogi, like himself. They first need to catch a falling star, a celestial pearl called Yeouiju in order for them to become full fledged dragons. However, earning the Yeouiju is a very difficult task, they will have to do good things for one thousand years and help the humans cultivate their lands to earn such a right. This is why he is remarkably ecstatic today, he has finally completed his service and soon, his star will fall from the sky for him to catch.

Flashes of light followed by a deep, low, rumble puts a smile on his lips. "My work for now is done," he satisfactorily mused. Slowly descending down to the mountains, furthermore to the rock formations near the ocean, he gazed fondly at the sight of his home as the first droplets of rain fell. Diving head first to the somber blue waters, he swirled around the bright colored wrasses, tail carefully maneuvering through the vibrant coral reefs. Shooting straight back up, he marveled at the greatest creation made by the god Mireuk. Earth is breathtaking and to him spring is when it is at its most graceful. The forest trees are of a flourishing green, meadows and fields stretching far and wide, greeting the rain. It was a sight to behold even for a creature like him.

Landing foot first on a flat boulder at the entrance to his cave, he felt his scales delicately dissolving to the heavens, like peach blossom petals whisked by the gentle breeze. His body now resembles that of a human clothed in pale ashen robes. Apart from the thicker first layer, the inner overcoat has wide sleeves which are thin and comfortable. It was paired with a flimsy, sleeveless, outer coat that had three silk knots arranged on his chest and bluish grey tasseled cord with jade beads tied a little above his waist. Looking up at the arched entrance fashioned from stone, the bronze cap that covered his topknot glinted like sunlight as he came to notice that he wasn't alone. He hurriedly walked inside to see who it was who dared invade his territory, the specks of raindrops dispersing to make way for the imoogi.

Iridescent turquoise eyes flickered around, fabric swooshing through the carved steps whilst silk shoes trod towards the center pavilion of the cave. Standing on top of the lengthy staircase he could see that someone is inside. On the floor sat a man who appeared to be sleeping, head resting on the bench. Drawing closer he observed the face of the slumbering human. His nose is straight, lips plump, sharp jawline and skin of light caramel that he looked like the gods have fashioned him himself. "What a handsome lad. No, handsome doesn't even cut it," he thought.

"Oh!" Chenle gasped taking a step back when the guy stirred.

Eyelids abruptly opening in alarm at the enchanted being standing over him, the chap in commoner's clothing scrambled to lower himself down to a bow, the palms of his hand flat on the ground.

"Forgive my intrusion, most powerful one," he loudly enunciated shakily. He never thought that the rumors were true, that here in this part of the Goeje island lives the imoogi. The villagers warned him vehemently not to venture in this area as a respect to the ocean serpent that has served their island diligently but unfortunately he did not believe them. Here he is now, regretting his decision and scolding his own stubbornness. Fingers beginning to curl and trembling in fright, a light laugh filled the pavilion all of a sudden.

"You're lucky human, I'm in a good mood today.
I'll allow you to take shelter from the rain but in exchange I will ask for your name. How about it, hm?" Crossing his arms, he smiled at the taller who lifted his head off the floor to look at him.

"My name is Park Jisung, my lord," he replied, ducking back down for another bow.

Amused, the imoogi chuckled.
The delighted features then morphed into a teasing grin and he added in a melodious tone, "Although... it would be nice if you could give me something. Do you have anything precious you're willing to offer me, Jisung?" Extending his snow white fingers, palm facing up, he asked for an offering.

Straightening his back, although his knees are still planted firmly on the uneven cobblestones, he turned sideways to fish something out of the fairly large weaved basket secured around his waist. With both hands, he showed the smaller a sizable high quality pearl. "I can give this to you, your grace, but if you can wait I promise to come back in two days time and turn it into a more worthy accessory," careful and cautious of his words, he lifted the gem to bring it closer to him.

Doubtful about the mortal's words, Chenle nevertheless wanted to see where this would go and how much the taller is true to his words. The curves on his lips relaxed to a more serious contour before he pressed, "Do you promise?"

Nodding, Jisung reassured, "I promise."

Turning his back, the imoogi shrugged taking a deep breath at the same time.
"Well Jisung, would you like some tea?" Tipping back his head slightly, he smiled at the man.

The guest on the other hand was speechless in awe. "How beautiful was this mysterious beast of the sea supposed to be?" He silently mulls. In all the stories he heard about them, not once have their loveliness been told, in writing or in songs. How could they leave such a profound detail out when he is the fairest of all things living that he had ever laid his eyes upon.