🎄 First Date

Synopsis: A simple story between two people falling in love.

Fresh out of the shower, Chenle stood in front of an array of clothes in his closet while his flatmate traipsed from the door to his bed and all over again. Frowning at the guy who now decided to dig around one of his drawers, he questions annoyed, "Renjun what are you doing?"

"Heh-heh... Uh, have you seen my phone's charger?" The smaller stood up scratching his head while darting his eyes all over the area in a calculative fashion.

"Oh?"
"How should I know that? Search for it in your own room," Chenle resisted rolling his eyes and went back to choosing an outfit, making sure to tighten his robe around him.

"I thought I brought it here with me when I was using your laptop for an emergency," Renjun mumbles on while resuming his search. "By the way who's that pj or jp with like numbers something... they kept showing up in your notifications." Standing back on his feet, both hands on his waist, he asked in a teasing way, "Did you get yourself a girlfriend, recently?

"You sure have a broad imagination," he casually answered maintaining his gaze on a row of sweaters. This is why he chose that app. It notifies him anonymously, hiding the message as well, although an abbreviated username still pops. His roommate has no sense of boundary at all and he did not come out to him yet, so having a gay dating app out in the open might just be the disaster of a lifetime. "By the way aren't you running late?" He looked at him while placing the clothes he chose on the bed.

"Shit! Gotta go!"

Seeing Renjun dash out the door with a loud slam, he finally breathed normally. Arranging a cream coloured turtleneck, peach cardigan and black jeans, he snapped a photo of them and sent it to Jisung. They've been communicating daily for about eight months now and had decided last night to finally meet. It's their first non-virtual date so he gave extra time to make himself look cute.

"Date?" His seatmate dropped his bag on the table, looking at him from head to toe.

"Jeno, you're early for a change" -this made the man glare at him while downing a whole bottle of an herbal drink- "I-I'm meeting with some old friends." Chenle quickly changed the subject, raising his hands in apology.

"Ugh... I shouldn't have gone for that second round of drinks," the older grumbled rubbing his head, as if it could help with the headache.

"Jaemin hyung was ok with you drinking all night?"

"Yeah. He lets me as long as he trusts the crowd I'm with," Jeno perks up a little at the mention of his long-term boyfriend. "Would you mind waking me up when the professor comes in?" His request roughly came out when he rests his cheek on the cool surface of their desk while pulling his hoodie over his head.

"I'll give you a nudge later," Chenle answered, facing the board with eyes absentmindedly trailing over a few students who entered through the front door below. Drawing a good amount of inhales he needed to formulate his inquiry, he averted his attention back to their row of seats at the back and quietly piped, "Jeno?"

"Mhm," the grunt sounds a tad bit annoyed but nevertheless humoured the younger.

"H-How did you and Jaemin meet?" Tensely fixating on his shoelaces, he promptly grew red at the sinking weight of his query. However, he certainly has no choice, you see, they're the only same sex couple he knew and they've been together for four years at that. He is plainly curious, that's all.