Tori and Tara

The Neutronium Records conservatory was practically Tori's second-or rather, third-home for the next few days as she continued working on her cover album. Her song list was approved, to the delight of both her and Jade, but then came the tough part of arranging some of the songs to her key and making them sound unique from the originals. She sat in front of a piano for almost the whole morning, her eyes constantly shifting between the keys and her laptop perched on top of the deck where her friend Andre was in video chat with her.

"Okay, tell me how this sounds..." Tori directed to Andre as she started to play the chorus of her song on the piano. After having played it all morning, it was almost muscle memory for her.

Andre lightly bopped his head to the beat of the song, then pressed a key on his side to play other instrument sounds to accompany her piano. "Alright, alright! I think it's comin' together! We should be able to get this arrangement down on sheet music for the in-house band you got there!"

"Oh, thank god!" Tori would have laid all the way back if there was a back to her seat, but settled for a long stretch of her arms above her head, "At least we're using the same key as the original, but seriously, thank you Andre! I really appreciate this!"

"No problem, Tori!" Andre chuckled, closing the music on his laptop, "It's just like old times, you know? Tell me you don't miss jamming like this back in school."

"Well, I certainly don't miss jamming together, only to be rejected by a 'baby test'." Tori rolled her eyes at the memory and the idea of it. "You know you made an amazing song, Andre, and you deserved a lot better for it!"

"I know, I know," Andre laughed again, "And I will, in due time. Honestly, I thought it'd be tough finding someone else to sing the vocals with you all the way there, but Cat surprisingly stepped up and is blowin' it away!"

"Really? Cat?" Tori smiled at the image of her singing Andre's music, "Actually, that's not too surprising after that song she sang at Karaoke Dokie! She's really embracing music over acting, huh?"

"Yeah, and she's great, like always—well, better than always!" Andre smiled, "Speaking of, what about you? You got the backing vocals covered for your...covers?" He laughed at his own pun for a good moment before he noticed Tori wasn't, but she was smiling nonetheless.

"Oh, I've got it covered~ Jade's mom is bringing her over after lunch to audition for Mason and the in-house band, and if what Jade says is true, she'll be a knockout!"

"Yeah, that was gonna be my next question," Andre sat back, resting his hands behind his head, "Jade's mom's really cool with the two of you together, huh?"

"Um, yeah! She totally is!" Tori crossed her arms at how relaxed Andre was looking, "I mean, she wasn't exactly one to judge when we found out she was seeing someone here, too."

"Really?" Andre leaned forward, rubbing his chin at the thought, "I never met her, but to think even Jade's mom has got it goin—"

"Andre!"

"What? I didn't see that in your songlist!" Andre laughed out loud as Tori's face flushed at the implication, "And hey! She's Jade's mom! You telling me you weren't feeling any..."

"Oh my god, Andre! She's Jade's mom!" Tori scoffed, looking aside to try hiding her blush.

"Come on, you said she even did the 'scary car ride' bit Jade did to you; with the pretend-friendly voice and everything! Did she have the seduction eyes, too?"

"Seduction eyes?!" Tori almost yelled, "Okay, that's enough of that! I'll see you later, Andre!" She almost angrily pressed her finger over the End Call button to the sound of Andre's laughter, leaving her alone to air out her feelings in the conservatory until lunch was over.