Questionable Questions

"I really think I should be with you for this, Tori."

"I'll be okay, Ms. West! It's just an interview; I've done two already, remember?"

"Both of those interviews were with Piper, and—with all due respect to her—she's small potatoes compared to Miami Music Weekly! They're a major music news outlet here, at least according to Mason!"

"That...definitely sounds bigger than Piper's blog."

"That's because it is! Remember, you're not just representing yourself in that interview; you're a part of Neutronium Records! That's why I should be there with you; in case you get blindsided with questions you don't know how to answer!"

"...Yeah, you're right. Do you want to pick me up, then?"

"Sure. I'll come by the apartment with Tara, and she can go to the theater with Jade while I take you to the interview. Where and when is it again?"

"Uh...the Corner Café at 10:30 AM. That okay with you?"

"Perfect. I'll see you soon, Tori."

"Thanks, Ms. West. I'll see you soon."

After hanging up her phone, Tori finished getting dressed and entered the living room to the sight of Jade setting two mugs of coffee on the dining table.

"Morning," Jade greeted her, half-heartedly smiling, "I made breakfast...or at least I hope I did." She looked down at the plates of slightly burnt eggs, toast, and bacon. "Would you believe that I actually googled how to fry an egg...and almost burned it while doing so?"

The nervous look on Jade's face was enough for Tori to laugh herself out of her nervous fit and pull her girlfriend in for a hug, "It's alright, Jade! I appreciate you trying, at least; but for future reference, I'm also a big fan of milk and cereal."

Jade briefly pouted, a sight Tori was not used to seeing, and returned the hug with a quick peck on the lips, "I'll keep that in mind, babe. At least the pizza and tuna rolls we made weren't too bad!" She took another pitiful look at her cooking and bit her lip, "Maybe Tara will eat it; I'm almost certain her stomach is a black hole or something." Her quip was met with a light slap on the shoulder by Tori before they each took a mug of coffee to drink...and then subsequently spit and dump out over the sink.

"Well, now I'm really glad my interview's at a café...no offense," Tori coughed, placing a reassuring hand on Jade's shoulder.

"No, please...offend away," Jade sighed, "A drive-thru breakfast would be better than this. I hope this doesn't jinx the interview, babe."

"I'm...sure it'll be fine," Tori shook her head, pouring herself a glass of water from the fridge. "Your mom insisted on coming, though, in case they ask some...off-sounding questions."

"Yeah, about that, actually," Jade poured a glass for herself and leaned against the counter, "In both of Piper's articles, you mentioned me, but not...me. As in, you never actually said my name; just that I'm your girlfriend, but as far as the general public knows, I'm your girlfriend from the karaoke video...even if I don't quite look like that anymore; with the hair color and the lack of piercings on me now."

"Oh, yeah..." Tori took a long sip before setting the glass on the counter, "I wasn't sure if you wanted me to or not; you know, privacy and all that? And maybe it would be tough for you to make a name for yourself when the public knows you more as 'Tori Vega's girlfriend' than 'Jade West', you know?"

"That's...actually very considerate of you," Jade frowned, setting her glass next to Tori's. "But you don't need to worry about me like that, Tori. It's my name, and I'm proud to be known as your girlfriend; we talked about this, remember?"