Summer Day's Contemplation

Waking up to the morning sunlight over her face was nothing new to Tori at this point, but the warmth of Jade's body pressed against her on the couch was a feeling too comforting to ignore. It was the third time they woke up together, though this felt like a middle ground between when they became a couple and the night they made love together. They didn't go all the way this time, but it was still quite a night to cap off their first real date; and hopefully more to come.

Tori's eyes fell on Jade, who was still fast asleep flat on her back, but with a telltale smile that told volumes of how much she enjoyed the last night and a strap of her bra hanging off her shoulder. It was almost a picture-worthy moment, if Tori wasn't too dazed herself from their cuddling, but she settled for a quiet laugh to herself.

Despite every urge to just lay on the couch with Jade all day, Tori slowly sat up and reached for her phone on the table in front of her. She read the time, 7:30, across the lock screen and lightly ran her free hand across Jade's arm hooked around her.

"Jade~" Tori whispered sweetly, "We have to get up now~"

"Mm...don't wanna," Jade mumbled, nuzzling her face against Tori's neck, eliciting a light giggle from her. "Can't we call in sick today?"

"No, we can't," Tori replied, turning over to face Jade, still only inches from her and still half-asleep, "You told Emily Parker you were gonna meet with her today, remember?"

"Fine..." Jade groaned as her eyes slowly lifted open. Her grumpy frown turned into a light smile as Tori's face filled her vision. With a sigh, she sat up and stretched her arms to a satisfying pop of her joints. "Mm! I like cuddling with you, Tori, but next time, let's go to one of our bedrooms first!"

"Oh, you're so sure there'll be a next time~?" Tori smirked as she sat up next to her, "Someone's forgetting the Roommates Rule~"

"Excuse me?" Jade scoffed, poking Tori's forehead with her finger, "Who was it that initiated our little makeout last night that ended up on this very couch?"

"W-Well..." Tori stammered, blushing as she recalled the near-intimate moment, "It's your fault for using your seduction voice and whispering that you loved me in my ear like that!"

"Like my writing, I say what I feel~" Jade shrugged, "You should know that by now!" Her eyes fell from Tori's adorably puffed cheeks to the black and gold necklace still safely—albeit unevenly—set over Tori's bra. Jade quickly adjusted it before giving Tori a quick kiss, "You wanna shower first?"

"If I do, that means you're making breakfast~" Tori raised her eyebrows in anticipation to Jade's response, which was a quick leap off the couch and into the bathroom herself. Laughing to herself, Tori ran a hand through her hair to smooth out any messiness before getting up and throwing her shirt back on to prepare breakfast.

As Tori took out some leftovers from the fridge and set them on the counter, her eyes caught the University of Miami folder Jade kept on the dining table next to their bags. Curiously, she leafed through the admissions forms they had spent the other day reading about requirements and how they could potentially graduate early with advance credits. Everything seemed to work out in their favor, Tori thought, but nothing would be certain until at least one of them was actually considering applying; one...or both of them.

"Hey, babe," Jade called, opening the bathroom door and poking her head out, "Are we eating those admissions forms for breakfast? I know my mom said I need to eat more fiber, but—"

"Sorry, I was just—Jade!" Tori glanced up then immediately covered her eyes with the folder upon seeing Jade naked, even if it was only from her chest up. "Put on a towel!"