#MakeupDate #CaTara

In a bold, but hopefully worthwhile narrative take, this chapter focuses on Tara and her newfound relationship with Cat from the last chapter. Also, for the sake of properly visualizing this take on Cat, you can imagine her sounding more like she did in Season 1, for those of you familiar enough with the show. Enjoy!

"Okay, Short Stack, you're gonna have to explain that again, because I just don't get it."

"What's not to get? It's a makeup date, the meaning's right there in the name!"

"Uhh...not really. Are you gonna put makeup on each other or something, because the last time Cat did that, Tori..."

"N-No! It's not that kind of makeup! Cat's...been trying to take me out on a date since New Year's, but I've been...putting it off; but since we're going back to Miami soon, I said we could go on one date to 'make up' for all the times I put it off."

"So why are you so opposed to a date all of a sudden? Didn't you literally ask Tori out on one when you started working with her?"

"You make that sound 'weird' when you say it like that..."

"Like there's any other way to say it?"

"Point taken. But anyway, I'm just a little nervous. I like Cat, but I don't know if I'm ready to date again!"

"...Then why the heck did you kiss her on New Year's?"

"Because...because that dumb creepy guy at the party said I'd have bad luck if I didn't!"

"...Okay, that opens up a whole bunch of other questions, but Tori just got here with our lunch, so good luck with your 'makeup date', Tara~"

"Gee, thanks...Got any advice before you go?"

"Uh, I dunno...I've never dated Cat. Just don't let her near the bibble, I guess?"

"I hope your lunch is cold."

Tara firmly held the large red button on her phone's screen to end the call and she fell back on the living room couch, staring at the ceiling with an annoyed groan.

As if on cue, three loud knocks came from the front door, to which Tara promptly opened and saw Cat Valentine with one hand leaning against the door frame in a cute, but enticing way. Cat winked as she caught Tara's gaze and greeted in a singsong-y tone, "Makeup time~!"

Tara stopped herself from staring at Cat long enough to answer, "Did...you say 'makeup time' or 'makeout time'?"

"Well that depends," Cat giggled, "Which one will let me in?"

Tara found herself staring again before stammering, "E-Either, I guess?"

"Works for me!" Cat grinned, hooking her arms around Tara's neck and pulling her in for a kiss. Their lips met for a solid second before Tara roughly pulled away and released herself from Cat's arms.

"I-I'm sorry, that was..." Tara blushed as she failed to come up with a solid excuse, "...that was really sudden...is all."

"That was...'sudden'?" Cat smirked as she wiped her lip off with her thumb, "I seem to remember our first kiss going something like that, no?"

Her face flushing red even faster, Tara sighed and sat back down on the edge of the couch closest to her, "I'm sorry, Cat. I just...wasn't prepared for this."

"Prepared for our makeup date?" Cat's eyebrow quirked in confusion, "But I thought we agreed on doing it today at this time..."

"Not the makeup date!" Tara corrected herself, "I wasn't prepared for...dating again, and I know that's not what you wanna hear right now..."