Mother and Daughter

Even as the morning sun was making its way through the hotel room's curtains, Tori remained fast asleep, nestled in Jade's arms from behind her. The smile on her face denoted pleasant dreams as Jade's usually neutral face was also expressing the same peace as her girlfriend, even with said face so close to Tori's hair.

...at least that's how it looked as Nora and Tara were standing over the bed, staring at them with the respective expressions of shock and awe.

"I let you three have a girls night in my hotel room...ONE time," Nora took a deep breath to contain her outrage, "And this is what I come back to; my daughter and her girlfriend...in MY bed...spooning like...like..."

"Like a couple in a romantic comedy?" Tara attempted to finish her sentence while sipping from one of the fresh cups of coffee Nora brought for them.

"Just tell me, dear Tara," Nora closed her eyes to shake away the mental images, "Tell me they didn't...do...anything unmentionable last night; especially not with you here, too."

"Well, I think I fell asleep first," Tara nonchalantly shrugged, "And I had my music on, so I wouldn't have been able to hear anything...but Tori is still wearing your pajamas, if that's any indication!"

"Well, here's hoping I don't have to burn those after this..." Nora sighed and reached into her purse, taking out a small whistle. "Cover your ears, dear." Once she saw Tara had set her coffee down and done as she said, she bent over the young couple and blew loudly into the whistle.

Two equally loud shrieks quickly followed as Tori rolled forward, grabbing her pillow to shield her ears, and Jade rolled off the bed and onto the floor. They both immediately jerked their heads in Nora's direction with terrified and wazzed off faces, respectively.

"Oh my god!" Tori sat up, still covering her ears, "Is that where you got that prank from, Jade?!"

"Mom, what the chiz?!" Jade slowly got up, rubbing the back of her head, "We weren't doing anything!"

"Oh, I almost believe that!" Nora stowed away the whistle and crossed her arms, "Anyone else would expect the room to be tossed around like a wild party took place, but you all managed to keep the place surprisingly tidy."

"So why the whistle wake-up call?!"

"Why were you and Tori intertwined in my bed like horny rabbits?!"

"Nora!"

"Oh, I'm sorry! We would have done it on Tara's bed, but she wasn't really into the idea of a threesome!"

"Jade!"

"Don't use that tone with me, young lady! I am your mother!"

"Really?! Because you seem more like my father, since you left me last night to hook up with your side piece!"

"That's enough, both of you!" Both Tori and Tara stepped between the Wests before their yelling could escalate further.

"Jade!" Tori grabbed Jade by the arm, which would have been a fatal mistake for anyone else, and opened the bathroom door, "Take a shower and cool off!"

"Nora!" Tara yanked open the sliding door and pulled Nora by the wrist toward it, "Get some air while the rest of us get changed!"

The West mother complied with an exasperated groan while the West daughter jerked her arm out of Tori's grip and entered the bathroom with a slam of its door.

Tori fell back into the bed with a tired exhale and Tara quickly fell in next to her.

"What the heck happened between them?" Tori frowned as they both stared at the ceiling, "I thought they were doing so much better lately."