There Is Always Light in the Dark

Sasuke couldn't help but stop to look at the photos Naruto kept in the nightstand drawer. One of them was a picture of Naruto and Jirayia, when Naruto was 12. The biggest picture was a picture of The Rookie 9, The Sand Siblings, and Team Guy. Another was a picture of Sasuke observed the many pictures, but one stood out more than the others. It was the picture of him and Naruto at the lantern festival. That picture was taken the day they met.

    Downtown was a very busy and beautiful place, filled with food stands and lanterns. Sasuke was wearing a navy blue kimono, and was sitting in a very very, busy restaurant. Waiters were running everywhere, and random people were joining those with a extra chair. Sasuke was sitting at a table for two, and a gush of wind entered the restaurant, and a blur pf blonde entered. The blond haired boy was seated at the table with Sasuke. Sasuke ignored the stranger, and continued waiting for his food. "I'll have a Miso Chashu Pork Ramen," The blond ordered. The waiter nodded, and rushed to another table. The blonde was playing with his fingers anxiously.          A waiter hurried with the ramen, and placed it on the table. The blonde immediately took a spoonful of ramen. "Um, sir, that was this gentleman's order." The waiter informed. The blonds face paled. "I-I'm so sorry! I-" "It's okay. We must have ordered the same thing, I'll just wait." Sasuke interrupted. "Your sur-" "yes." 

  "Are you here for the lantern festival?" The blond asked. "Duh." 

        "What's your name? "Sasuke Uchiha." "I'm Naruto Uzumaki," 

The two chatted up a storm and became friends. "Do-do you want to see the lanterns together?," Naruto stuttered. Sasuke hesitated for a second. but then says, "Sure."

    "Alright, so what should we do first?" Naruto asked. "The lantern lighting isn't until another hour, so we can look around and shop-" Sasuke was talking, but was interrupted by the sound of drums and cheering. Sasuke and Naruto looked at each other, then they went to see what the commotion was about. 

      There was music playing, and people were dressed up in colorful clothes, and they were dancing. Naruto watched in awe as the people on stage performed many stunts and dances. The drum was beating, and the dancers outfits were glistening in sync of the moonlight. 

           "Ooh! Dango!" Naruto exclaimed. Sasuke took a dango, and chewed on the sticky food. The dango wasn't too sweet, and it was chewy and sticky, and it was placed on a wooden stick. "This tastes great, thank you for introducing me to uhh.. dango, was it," Sasuke thanked. "No problem, what's next, ooh! look at that stand over there!" Naruto exclaimed. Downtown was a really busy place, with stands and lights everywhere. The streets were crowded with people, all dressed in kimonos, and some were carrying fans. Naruto finished catching the last goldfish, meaning that the score was tied. Without hesitation, they both demanded another round. Sasuke smiled, for the first time in ages. 'What is this feeling...' Sasuke wondered as he caught the last two goldfish with one swipe. "What!? How!"  Naruto screeched. "Shut it, Usuratonkachi." Sasuke flexed. "W-What was that, teme?!" Naruto madly asked. Before they could speak another word, they both burst out laughing. "Bahahahaha!" Sasuke laughed. Wait...Laughed? 'What is this sensation?  The last time I've laughed was felt like eons ago...' Sasuke thought. "Sasuke! Look! It's a lion!" Naruto said, pointing at the lion dance happening close by. Sasuke and Naruto looked at each other, then they ran over to watch. 

      "Sasuke, I want to remember you," Naruto said. "What? Oh yeah, here's my number." Sasuke replied. Naruto smiled, and then ran off. Sasuke waited until Naruto came back with a bracelet. The bracelet had shimmering onyx stones, with one rhinestone in the middle. The orange rhinestone stood out while the rest were black. "For you. To remember." Naruto handed Sasuke the bracelet. "I'll get one for you, too." Sasuke ran off, and returned with a blue crystal hexagonal necklace. "Sasuke! It's gorgeous!" Naruto exclaimed. 

  "Look! It's time to light lanterns!" Naruto informed. "Want to go for a lantern boat ride first?" Sasuke asked. "Of course! Naruto chuckled. They both ran out of the crowds, and stopped at the lake. Thousands of lanterns were lighting up the night sky, while some of them were in the water. The lanterns were like stars, only drifting up, up, and back down. Sasuke jumped in the boat, and offered a hand to Naruto, who gladly took it. They drifted out into darkness, with water filled with lanterns, and light. They drifted far away from civilization, and sat there in silence, watching the sparks of light surrounding them. "What a sight," Naruto cut the silence. "You know, I'm really glad I met you, Naruto." Sasuke smiled. Naruto's face turned a shade of red, but it wasn't that noticeable in the dark. "You know, this bracelet that you gave me, I have been coated with darkness, hatred and revenge. But your my light. Light in the dark. You light up  my hatred and darkness with your light. Naruto." Sasuke spoke. Naruto sat there shocked, at what he said. "You know, I'm glad." Naruto said, finally. Sasuke smiled, and held Narutos hand, kissing it gently. Dimmed orbs met blue. Naruto's eyes shimmered with the sun, while Sasuke's absorbed the darkness of the moon. There is always Light in the Dark, and dark in the light. one cannot exist without the other. 

 "What are you writing?" Sasuke asked

 "What are you writing?" Sasuke asked. "I'm writing a wish on the lantern." Naruto replied. "I'll do the same." Sasuke agreed. 

I wish we will meet again

I wish to love like this again

The sky was pitch black, with lanterns being lit up and released everywhere. Sasuke and Naruto lit up their lanterns, and watched as they drifted up and into the night sky. Naruto clutched Sasukes hand, and Sasuke did the same. Little did they know that their meeting was fate.