His Heartstrings

Sasuke grumbled as he chugged down his morning coffee. He was getting tired of being sad and being at loss. He was going to put an end to this, and quick. "Sasuke, you keep telling yourself, but are you really going to do that?" Suigetsu asked, leaning on the desk. Sasuke looked at him with a confused face. "I can read your mind, Sasuke. I have known you for who knows how long." Suigetsu asked, throwing him a challenging look. Sasuke rolled his eyes, and slumped back into his chair. "You have a meeting in ten minutes with Senju Corp." His assistant informed, walking into the room. Sasuke nodded, and made his way down to the meeting room.

Tsunade sat there with her heels on the desk, and legs crossed together. "Greetings, Princess Senju." Sasuke greeted, walking over to her, and sitting down comfortably. "Enough with the formalities, we are here to do business." Tsunade reminded, crossing her arms. Sasuke sat down, and sat back in the chair. "So, how is it going?" Tsunade challenged, raising an eyebrow, obviously asking about her godson. Sasuke just ignored her, and brought out the documents. Tsunade took them, and read them over while talking. "Clan leader has been wanting to talk to Madara for a while," Tsunade informed. Sasuke perked an eyebrow. "Hashirama?" He asked, curiously. Tsuande nodded, flipping through the documents. "He told me he wanted to avoid Hashirama." Sasuke said. Tsunade rolled her eyes, and sighed. "Too bad, I'm dropping him off at the school tonight." Tsunade boomed. Sasuke's jaw dropped. "How did you know he was staying at the school??" Sasuke asked. "Oh please. I knew he wasn't at the Uchiha mansion, so I checked the buildings the Uchiha owned, and then I came across the University owned by the Uchiha, and I figured he was probably in one of the dorms." Tsunade explained, signing the contract. Sasuke sighed, and leaned down. Of course Hashirama would want to see Madara. 

           Sachiko walked towards the Uchiha Inc confidently. She swinged open the doors, the workers looking at her in fear. Everyone knew she was the CEO's fiancé. She walked in with a smug look on her face, her heels clicking against the floor loudly, her hips swinging as she walked. She played with her long fingernails while the elevator did it's job. Sachiko swung Sasuke's office doors open, and swung her feet over the table. Sasuke groaned. "So, like, how was your meeting, babe?" She asked. Sasuke just grumbled in response. "Do you like my new dress? It's a paris original." She said, pointing at her red dress. It was a skin tight dress with straps. She flipped her deep magenta hair. Sasuke hissed in response. "Sasuke, we are getting married in two months. Would you change your attitude?" Sachiko asked, picking at her nails. Sasuke froze. Two months. Two months to fix things. Two months of misery. No. He couldn't wait two months. He had to act. Now. "Sachiko, I'm not getting married to you." Sasuke clarified, taking a deep breath. Sachiko's mood dropped. "What do you mean? You and I are getting married. Unless you want the public to know about what your father did." Sachiko scowled. Sasuke was going to say nevermind, but a memory flashed through his mind. 

     The air was fresh, and the grass was green. The sky was bright and blue with a few clouds drifting around, on this beautiful day in June. Naruto was sitting on the rooftop, soaking up the sun with a pile of dark hair in his lap. Sasuke opened his eyes, and shifted his head, looking at Naruto. "Baby, you know one day we will have to go our own ways." Naruto said, looking down at the raven in his lap. Sasuke thought for a moment before responding. "If we do... Then I'll come to your front door and fix things." Sasuke smiled. Naruto chuckled. "I love you," Sasuke whispered. "I know." Naruto replied, bending his head down and kissing his raven passionately. 

  "No." Sasuke whispered. "What?" Sachiko asked. "No. I don't care what you do, I am not marrying you." Sachiko glared at him. "Why? Do you want this secret to go out?" Sachiko hissed. "I- no, I... I just can't lose him again, I just can't. I love him so much, he haunts me." Sasuke whispered. "WHAT? LOVE WHO? WHO??? ANSWER ME!" Sachiko screeched. "Him... Naruto. I promised him... I promised that I wouldn't ever leave him... The guilt has been eating me up everyday." Sasuke whispered. Sachiko's face's color was drained. "Naruto? You mean that blond boy I saw? HIM? WHAT'S SO GOOD ABOUT HIM? WHAT DOES HE HAVE THAT I DON'T? I'M A MODEL, AND I'M BEAUTIFUL! WHAT DOES HE HAVE THAT I DON'T? HE'S AN AVERAGE MAN! AND HE'S A MAN! A FUCKING MAN!" Sachiko screamed. Sasuke glared angrily at Sachiko. "Don't call him that. I don't care about his status or his looks. I don't care if he is a boy or girl, I love him. I love his smile, his voice, everything about him is perfection, at least to me. When I lost him, I lost everything. He completed me. He was my everything, but I lost him. And I have another chance of getting him back. And to do that, I need to be single."  Sasuke defended. Sachiko stopped for a moment. "So, I guess your fathers secret is going out." Sachiko shrugged. "I didn't like you that much anyways, but you give good money and reputation. You're going to regret this." Sachiko growled. Sasuke glared at her. 

       Sasuke dug into his desk drawers, and tossed the ring at Sachiko. She gasped in disbelief, and ran out furiously. She stormed out of the office, and into the lobby. She was fuming. Sachiko ran onto the sidewalk, and into a car. She couldn't believe that Sasuke dumped her. It wasn't supposed to be like that. Her plan was ruined. She was supposed to marry Sasuke and show everyone her power. She was supposed to be the Uchiha's Bride! Sachiko slammed the car door closed and drove off. 

         Sasuke smiled slyly. Sachiko was gone.  But this happiness was temporary. He had to prepare for his fathers secret going out. It was going to be a fatal blow to the Uchiha's reputation. He started to pace back and forth, planning for a solution. Did he make the right decision? 

"Sasuke, what's wrong?" Naruto asked, sitting down beside his friend. Sasuke sighed. "Itachi had arranged me a marriage. I don't know what to do... I don't want to take it, I already love someone. But that person is out of my reach. If I accept it, then I will be guaranteed a steady love life. I- I don't know what to do." Sasuke cried, putting his face in his hands. Naruto patted his back. "You should always follow your heart, not your mind, Sasuke."  Naruto smiled. Sasuke smiled back. He was right. "Then I will call off the marriage. I will wait as long as it takes for my special person." He determined. 

                Sasuke snapped back to reality. He gripped the desk. He had followed his heart. And he wasn't going to regret it. He walked out of the office and into the car. He was going to need help if he was going to fix this.

       "Oh, dear." Mitoko whispered. Sasuke just nodded. "I'm glad you followed your heart, sweetie." His mother smiled warmly. Just then, Fugaku walked in. "I am sorry my past mistakes have done this. You're stressed because of my mistakes." Fugaku sulked. Sasuke just shook his head. It wasn't his fathers fault. It was his. If he hadn't cheated, this wouldn't have happened. "Okay, I know I made some mistakes in the past. In high school I was in a gang. But your mother had pulled me out of the darkness. The public will know about the bad part, but not the good part if Sachiko announces it." Fugaku paced. "I want you to tell them the full story, Sasuke. Don't give Sachiko this satisfaction." Fugaku instructed. Sasuke nodded. It was indeed better to know the whole story than a part. 

Hey everyone! I'm deeply sorry I haven't updated in a while. I have just had a lot in my plate. I plan to finish this story before summer. I will try!