THE DINNER PARTY

Amelia pov We were all talking about our parents,well they were talking about their parents, mine are dead so I don't really have anything to say

Amelia pov
We were all talking about our parents,well they were talking about their parents, mine are dead so I don't really have anything to say. 

like Then he ask Hermione what her parents do. Then she says something about this boy who bit her father. No one laughed when she did. It was pretty awkward.

Then ginny walked in, late. You could tell she had been crying. Most likely Deans fault.

"look at her eyes," Hermione whispered to Harry and I. "they were fighting again,her and Dean."

Harry then stands up, stupid arse. Ginny sits and Harry sits also, blushing and acting awkward. Me and Hermione both look at him and then look at eachother and laugh quietly.

"goodbye,goodbye,goodbye." Horace Slughorn was saying to everyone as everyone in the room exited. "Oh, my favorite twins!"

"Sorry, sir. We were admiring your hour glass thing." Harry said.

"Oh, it's fine." He smiled brightly, starting to explaining what it was, and then says something about the shelf full of pictures.

"Did Tom Riddle ever make the shelf, sir?"  I asked, truly curious.

"You knew him,right? I mean, you were his teacher.." Harry said slowly.

"Mr Riddle had a number of teachers while here at Hogwarts," Professor Slughorn said.

"what was he like?" Harry asked immediately.

Slughorn stayed silent, make up something Harry.

"Please forgive us," I said to Slughorn."He..well, you know..killed our parents."

"No,no, Of course,it's only natural. " Slughorn told us. "You should want to know more. But,I'm afraid I just disappoint you two. When I first met Mr riddle. he was a quiet, brilliant boy committed to becoming a first rate wizard."

He goes on, "Not unlike others I've known. Not unlike yourselves in fact. If the monster he is now existed when I knew him, it was definitely buried deep within."

_________________________________

Ginny sat next to me and Hermione.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"Ron, he pretty much called me a whore."

"What?"

"Yep," she mumbled. "He and Harry caught Dean and I in the hallway, and we got into a huge argument."

"That's stupid." I say. "Tell me you yelled at him."

"Yeah."

_________________________________

"How was it then? Ron asked

"How was what?" Hermione questioned.

"The dinner party?"

"pretty boring actually." Hermione said.

"I think Harry enjoyed dessert" I added causing  Hermione and i to giggle.

"Slughorn's having a Christmas party, do you know? We are meant to bring someone." Hermione told Ron.

"I expect you will be bringing McLaggen," Ron said. "Hes in the Slug Club,isn't he?"

"actually,I was gonna ask you" she told him.

"really?"
Lavender came up behind Ron,"Good luck today Won-won!i know you'll be brilliant!"

"I'm resigning." Ron said immediately after she left with a bright smile on her pink face.. "After today's match,McLaggen can have my spot."

"Have it your way," Harry said and slid a drink to Ron.

"You look dreadful Ron," Luna said from next to me. "is that why you put that in his cup. Is it a tonic?"

"Liquid Luck," Hermione whispers. "don't drink it, Ron!"

Ron picked up the cup and drank it, Hermione looked at Harry,"you could get expelled for that."

"Dont know what for." And he and Ron got up and walked away.

Ginny,Luna and Hermione left to follow the boys and get good seats.
I got up and walk towards the slytherin table. I sat next to Draco and grabbed his hand under the table, "what do you want, my love."

"You arent eating,"

"I'm not hungry." He muttered.

"yeah yeah," I said. "for the past who knows how much days, you haven't been hungry."

I picked up some pudding with the utensil and stuffed it into his mouth.

I smiled as he swallowed it,"good boy,"

He made a face at me,"do not look at me like that, Malfoy."

He then mumbled,"you're making me seem like a. . ."

"Shhhh,"I continued,"Good luck on the quidditch game today." I give him a peck on the lips and got up and walked out.