30

13th July
2012

Seonghwa stuffs laundry into the washing machine. It's just his own and Hongjoong's clothes, yet why does it feel like way more? He could swear that Hongjoong purposely wears extra outfits whenever it's Seonghwa's turn to do the laundry.

The door to the utility room suddenly flies open and the boy jumps in his spot, only to relax when he sees that it's another SS member. "Is there something wrong?" he asks, making it clear that he doesn't really feel in the mood to talk to any of the members right now. The task of doing the laundry provides him with a much needed sense of peace.

"I just wanted to let you know that Jaehyun and the others are going somewhere today, so guard the house well with your brother and the girl," he barks before leaving. Seonghwa shakes his head to himself as he shoves more clothes into the machine. A lot of the newer members mistake him and Hongjoong as brothers, which makes sense as Jaehyun likes to refer to them as his sons.

He never formally adopted them, yet he still sees them that way. Seonghwa finds it endearing. Being a son to Jaehyun and brother to Hongjoong isn't that bad at all. He smiles as he holds up one of Hongjoong's jumpers. He really does feel like his older brother in this situation.

The door opens again, and Seonghwa doesn't even bother turning around. "Yeah I got it, you want us to clean the house too right?" he calls out, very much used to this trend. Whenever everyone leaves the house, they like to get the cleaning done by the youngest boys too. 

Hongjoong complains about it every time, saying that he's a literal gang member and has better things to do. Seonghwa, on the other hand, doesn't mind at all. Lately doing chores like this proves to be a nice hobby for him, a nice way to take a break.

Get others' blood on his clothes by night, do the laundry by day. It's a perfect routine to him.

Harin is usually on duty too, and she takes great pleasure in doing the housework in the presence of Seonghwa.

And the exact same girl stands awkwardly at the entrance of the utility room. "It's actually me!" she chirps.

Seonghwa's heart jumps and he turns around with rosy cheeks. "How are things going?" Seonghwa asks while returning to his task. It's an everyday thing at this point. When Seonghwa is doing anything, Harin randomly pops up and the two spend hours talking. Sometimes about her training, sometimes about random things.

"Things are going good! Also there's something I need to tell you," she timidly announces. Seonghwa nods. She says this every single day, and then explains something random every time. Seonghwa can't deny that he finds it incredibly cute.

"Seonghwa...I think I like you," she squeaks out in nearly a whisper.

Seonghwa drops the scoop of detergent he was holding in shock and fully turns around. He tilts his head out of confusion, but his heart starts beating faster. This isn't some sort of joke, is it?

"You what?" he asks, in a state of disbelief. "I said I really like you," she repeats with more certainty and confidence this time, shuffling her feet nervously with her hands fidgeting behind her back.

"I-I'll go now," she stutters, slowly stepping back out of the room with her head still ducked. "Wait!" Seonghwa shouts. He places his hand on her shoulder and leads her back into the room while placing his second hand on her other shoulder.

"You really mean it?" he whispers, his face now much closer to hers. She gulps and nods slowly, her eyes going everywhere except for his face. He smiles and leans closer. "So do I," he breathes.