32

26th December
2012

Seonghwa feels like his heart is in his mouth right now.

A few months ago, he had tortured Hoseok severely, which lead to his body slowly dissolving from the acid. Though Hoseok had passed from his injuries after a short time, he suffered greatly by having to witness a loved one's body gradually decompose in front of him until his own last moments. Even after his own death, his body continued to disintegrate from the acid. 

To put it lightly, Hyungwon was not happy.

The MX gang had lost both Hoseok and Hyunwoo at the same time, both who were extremely valuable and powerful. Hyungwon did not need to think twice before calling SS for a fight to end things once and for all. The back and forth backstabbing was growing stale and both sides were sick of the betrayal and unease.

SS gladly accepted the invitation to the fight, fully prepared to win. Getting rid of MX would mean fulfilling any revenge by any of the SS members as well as securing their future and living a more stable life. Well, as stable as gang life gets.

To make things fair, neither gang is allowed to bring any allies. And for the sake of their pride, neither even plans to bring extra people separately. After all, both are confident that they'll come out victorious on the other side anyway.

Though Seonghwa still has a bad feeling about this. While taking MX down has been his dream for years, he knows many, many lives will be lost and he's afraid there won't be as many SS members left after it all.

"Let's finally use what we've learned from all these years and put it to good use," Hongjoong proudly declares. Seonghwa and the other members present in the small room absorb his words and try to take it as a form of courage.

Seonghwa's mind, of course, travels to the worst case scenarios. He approaches Hongjoong while everyone occupies themselves with last minute preparations.

"Joong, in case anything happens to me, you should just leave me and-"

"Nothing is going to happen to you," Hongjoong interrupts sternly. Seonghwa tries to hide his frustration. "But in the small chance it does, I want you to be prepared," he whines.

Hongjoong shows a weak smile, one full of vulnerability. One that no one gets to see. One that even Seonghwa himself has not seen much of.

"I won't let anything happen to you, no matter what. Everything will be okay. Both of us will wake up tomorrow morning and start making plans for what's to come, but first we'll rest and celebrate our victory. Mark my words." Seonghwa feels a lump in his throat at his friend's encouragement. He still can't find it in himself to believe a single thing, but a wave of comfort does wash over him.

"If you get hurt then I'll kill you," is all Seonghwa replies with. Hongjoong playfully scowls. "Watch your mouth, you'll never know when I'll quickly turn my own gun on you," he scolds. Seonghwa laughs all his stresses away, in turn relieving Hongjoong's too. He smiles subtly while watching his friend.

"Is everyone ready? Let's go!" the smiles wipe off the boys' faces when Jaehyun's loud voice booms through the room. Everyone in the small room leaves silently and joins the rest of the members outside, so many members that multiple vehicles are lined up ouside.

Everyone heaps their weapons into the back of their cars, the atmosphere solemn. It's as if most of them know that there's a good chance they won't make it back alive afterwards. Their work mainly consisted of secrecy, so a full blown battle is something no one is prepared for, even after months of practice.

Hongjoong and Seonghwa sit in one car together nervously and stare out the window as multiple buildings pass by them. Hongjoong glances at all the shops and apartments and even a large hospital. He just hopes that all the incompetent members can actually do a decent job. He only cares for himself and Seonghwa to come out unscathed.