34

13th October
2014

Ever since the tragedy from two years ago, the SS house has been so empty. The only people that now occupy it are Hongjoong, Seonghwa and Yeosang.

At first it did hurt for Seonghwa to have to roam the hallways in silence, no more booming voices filling up the empty atmosphere. He couldn't bring himself to go near Jaehyun's office for the first few months, and even now it pains him to see the desk clear and the office chair empty.

Him and Hongjoong no longer have to share their bedroom, since there's way more space now. Although things are still way lonlier than before, the fact that he still has Hongjoong by his side provides Seonghwa with the comfort he needed.

Jaehyun kept his word and all of his money and anything he owned went to Hongjoong and Seonghwa equally. Of course the boys still decided to share everything with each other, and now they automatically hold much more power than ever before.

However, although they may technically be gang leaders at this point, but have no more gang to lead.

Yeosang lived the first year with a mixture of excitement and fear at the same time, more so fear after he grew to learn everything that the boys have done. He's still been carrying out his own training for medicine, Seonghwa and Hongjoong happily providing the money for their new gang doctor. He's gotten used to life with them at this point, and no longer lives in fear. For the most part.

All in all, the trio grew closer throughout all the lonliness.

As for their future plans: Hongjoong has thoroughly discussed his ideas with the two boys.

His thirst for control and power has not yet been quenched. He wants more, and Seonghwa couldn't find himself disagreeing. It warms him on the inside to see that he still has similar goals as his closest friend.

"I want us to go beyond being a gang. Let's take control over this whole country and make it ours," Hongjoong said. Seonghwa and Yeosang shared a glance, except Yeosang's was a concerned one and Seonghwa's was impressed.

"How will we do this?" Seonghwa asked. Hongjoong visibly prepared himself for his next words, knowing how ridiculous he sounded. "Let's try to invent something to control a person's mind and physique to make a little army," he suggests.

The laughter that left Seonghwa and Yeosang made his eyebrows furrow, and while Yeosang stopped laughing, Seonghwa continued.

"Do I have to remind you of your grades in science to tell you that this idea won't work?" Seonghwa wheezed. Hongjoong huffed and rolled his eyes. "That's why we'll look for the most genius scientists we can find and then bring them to our group, just like we did with Yeosang," Hongjoong explained, causing Yeosang to let out a bitter chuckle.

"So basically you're going to kidnap them?" Yeosang blurted. Hongjoong gasped. "No! We will just employ them fairly and-"

"Yeah, he wants to kidnap them," Seonghwa interrupted his friend, biting back another laugh when he saw Hongjoong's face twist in rage.

After joking around some more, the three boys calmed down and got serious again.

"Are we still going to stay as SS then?" Seonghwa wondered. Hongjoong confidently shook his head. "We are no longer SS. We have a new goal and will dedicate our full time to achieve our bigger goal as well as looking for Jangmi. We don't have time to waste on petty gang crimes anymore, but don't forget to keep in touch with our connections. We'll need them," Hongjoong announced.

Seonghwa smiled to himself at the mention of Jangmi, finding it admirable that even after all these long years, his friend is still keen on finding his sister.