Chapter Five: We would not make good Pandas

Chapter Five:

We Would Not Make Good Pandas.

It was practically barren. The walls were stripped of colour the grey cement still on show. There was a wooden floor but that seemed to be the only bit of decorating that had been done on the room. In the middle their was a garden chair with a book on it. Confused as to why I was down here I turn to a smiling Jayden. He looks delighted to be showing me this.

"Well this is just the perfect man cave. It must be a total babe magnet." I tease him as I walk across the room to the single piece of furniture.

"Do not make fun of the man cave. I moved in two days ago Leeann." Jayden pouts at me as he follows behind. I pick up the book from the chair.

"Why are you bringing me down here then?" I ask him as I read the blurb of the book.

"Because my mother has said that if I do this room up it can be my little bachelor pad. But I was never good at being alone." Jayden explains. I am only half listening as I begin to read the first page.

"Hm so is Brandon going to help?" This book is really good.

"Nope he never was one for DIY." Why hasn't Kyle read this?

"Zoe?"

"We could never be left alone together for a certain amount of time." Jayden seems to be giggling a little.

"I'm sure Mason would help." All of a sudden the book was no longer in my hands.

Blinking a bit as I stare at my shoes I look up. Jayden grins at me as he holds then book behind his back. I reach behind him to snatch it back but he swiftly changes hands. Reaching out to grab it again Jayden raises it above my head. It is a strain for me to even look at the book now.

"Why are you being mean?" I cross my arms over my chest as he continues to hold the book high.

"I was trying to ask you to help me decorate my man cave when you blatantly ignored me." Jayden explains to me.

"I get to help?" I look around the room. There is a lot of fun to be had with this room.

"That is what I was trying to ask." Jayden flicks my forehead.

"On one condition." I say looking up at the book above our heads.

Quickly punching Jayden in the stomach I bring him back down to my level, meaning the book is now in my grasp. Waving the book in front of Jayden's face I smirk.

"I get to read this."

Jayden stands up straight once again meaning that he towers over me.

"You are evil." He states rubbing his stomach.

"I shall take that as a compliment."

I had no idea what time it was. I have been reading since I went to bed at eleven. It musn't be that long though. I have only read four hundred pages. The book that I robbed from Jayden was called Gone by Michael Grant. When I got in earlier I straight away asked Kyle if he read it. Turns out he hadn't. Pleased with myself for finding a book before the bookworm of the family had I started on it, and hadn't stopped since.

Flicking another page I hear a knock at my door causing me to jump. I also may have let out a little scream. My door swings open revealing a confused Kyle.

"I was just wondering if you wanted breakfast?" Kyle starts to look around my room. When he notices that my blinds are still pulled and the surprised look on my face he smiles.