Chapter Nine: Brady Bunch or Clown Car?

Chapter Nine:

Brady Bunch or Clown Car?

It was the dreaded the day. The one that caused all the teenages across the state wish for the almighty plague to hit. To hope that a meteor will strike the exact co-ordinates of their school right at this very moment. The day that when teenagers hear a fire truck go down the street they pray to smell the burning of school books. Though that never happens. There seems to be a giant invisible forcefield around our school. It always manages to stay intact.

Rolling over in my bed I pick my phone up off the floor. It's the first thing I check every morning. I have a text from Charlie and Jessie.

Charlie's reads: I've already done two years in this hell hole. I've to do another two?

Laughing at his message I send him back a simple laughing face emojii. It is too early to talk to Charlie. Then I open Jessies.

Time to show off your new toy boy.

Zoe shifts in her sleep beside me and I quickly lock my phone in fear of her reading that message. I slip out of the bed trying not to wake Zoe. I thought she might need more sleep before this dreaded day. But when I stepped out after my shower she was up and looking fabulous. Her makeup was done and her hair was perfectly curled. She wore a summer dress while she packed her bag. Looking at her I look down at myself. My plans were to let my hair try on the way to school. Throw on a pair of shorts and a comfy v-neck t-shirt. There are two types of girls in this world.

"Hey beautiful." Zoe smiles at me. She was the nice type of popular girl though. The one to make everyone feel special and included.

"Hello darling." I return the wide smile as I pick my bag up off the floor.

The two of us make our way downstairs to the kitchen. The Micheals weren't still living in our house. Well they weren't officially. Though Zoe had kind of moved into my room and I had moved into hers too. She wanted to sleep over last night because she was nervous. She had gone through her whole wardrobe trying to find an outfit for today. I wasn't all that much help. Everything she wore was great on her. So we face timed Jessie to help us out. I think Jayden slept over too. He stayed in the trips room since they had the extra bed. Brandon stayed in his own room though. No surprise there.

"Good morning girls." My Dad greets the two of us as we enter the kitchen. We return the greeting as we both grab a bowl of cereal. It isn't until we are taking our first spoonful of the fruit loops that we realise the silence of the house.

"Where is everyone?" I ask Dad. He looks up from his paper work. His eyebrows furrow together until his jaw goes slack.

"I was beginning to wonder why I could actually get work done." He sighs. "Will you go wake them up we have to leave soon."

I nod as I take off back up the stairs. Rather then going to each of my brothers rooms I go to my parents. My Mother is sitting on her bed applying lipstick. She waves good morning to me. She doesn't ask why I am rummaging through her drawers though. I suppose she already knows what I am looking for. When I find the bullhorn I grin evilly. Yes my parents invested in a bullhorn. It was the smartest thing they have ever bought.

Walking out into the hallway I stand directly at the top of our staircase. Ready to make my quick escape. Then lifting the bullhorn to my lips I use the delighted contraption.

"Wake up sleepy heads it is a beautiful day to go to school." I hear something crash in both the trips and the twins room. Then I hear moans. Some curses but once I hear feet on the floor I run down stairs.

"Lee." Hm, they were all in time with each other. That was a first.

It sounds like a stampede as they all make their way after me to the kitchen. I go to the one person in the world I know will always protect me. Standing behind my father I can hear him chuckling. Zoe lookes in shock at the whole thing. Then the door to the kitchen swings open. Never in any other household will you see six boys in their underwear look so angry. I smirk at the boys as I take a picture of them all on my phone.