Chapter Twenty-Nine: I Can Feel You Stressing

I Can Feel You Stressing. 

When I remember who the girl in front of me is I give her a slight nod and walk out the door. Zoe says goodbye following swiftly behind me. Brandon is at the side of the building doubled over. He looks like he is about to get sick. Zoe pushes by me to be by her brother's side. I have a feeling this is not a situation that I should be interrupting. 

"Who was that?" Sam asks completely bewildered by what is happening. 

"That was Kacey. Brandon's ex-girlfriend." I tell my brother who's jaw has fallen. 

"I know it's hard running into your ex but this seems a bit much." Sam says referring to Zoe practically having to teach Brandon how to breathe again. 

"I think they had a really bad break up." Sam looks surprised that I don't know all the details.  

Zoe motions for us to follow them to the car. Brandon doesn't meet my eye once. We all drive home in silence. Zoe and I sitting in the back. I don't question anything. It is clearly none of my business what happened. When we pull up to the house Brandon runs into his house pushing past Jayden. Jayden rolls his eyes at his brother's ignorance. Zoe walks over to Jayden to whisper something in his ear. Jayden pales and looks at me over his sister shoulder. Then the two of them run after their brother. 

Sam and I go into our house not quite sure how to react to what just happened. I go to my room straight away to find Jessie asleep on my bed. I lie beside her staring up at the ceiling. When did my life turn into a soap opera? It's not even my senior year. Is that not the year my whole life is supposed to fall apart? That's what happens in all the tv shows. 

I start to feel insecure about the arrival of Kacey in our lives. If they were in love they can surely fall for one another again. Does she live here now? Brandon only moved here a couple of months ago. Did she follow him here? To be with her soulmate. Brandon and I aren't even anything serious. He could just drop me for her. Which I wouldn't blame him for if he did. I mean she is gorgeous. She is the type of girl you leave your wife for. Never mind a girl you have just met and who is two years younger then you. 

"I can feel you stressing." Jessie turns towards me. 

"I thought you were asleep." I answer not looking at her. 

"I was. Until you came in here with all of your thoughts and woke me up." When Jessie doesn't get a smart answer from me she starts to look scared. "What happened?" 

"We just ran into Brandon's ex-girlfriend. The one he was apparently in love with." I turn to Jessie to see her shocked face. "Yup." 

"Have you ever seen the vampire diaries?" Jessie asks. This is my best friend everyone. At a time of crisis she reccomends what to watch on netflix. 

"You should watch it. You and Elena have a lot in common. But the salvator brother's are much better looking then your problem." She so kindly informs me leaning over to grab my laptop off the floor. 

"Are you just going to ignore what I said?" I look at her in disbelief. 

"From the absence of Brandon I am guessing the encounter did not go well. Plus you said apparently in love with. Suggesting you don't know all the details about this girl. Which means you will start overthinking this whole entire situation. So instead I am going to introduce you to Damon Salvator who will make all of your problems disappear. The man has more sass in his pinky finger then you do in your entire body." Jessie turms the laptop to us as she presses play on the first episode of vampire diaries.