Chapter Thirty-Two: Which one is the father?

Chapter Thirty-Two:

Which one is the father?

"Where the hell have you been?" Sam asks me before I can even step out of the car.

"I buried Jayden alive. Then I realised the car keys were in his pocket. By then the element of surprise was gone." I shrug at my brother. I can see his face going red with anger.

"Did you do anything to her?" I turn to see Corrie pushing Jayden up against the car.

"Does it look like he did anything?" I ask my brother over the car.

Corrie's head snaps up to me simply to throw daggers at me. When he looks back down Jayden has slithered out of my brother's grip. Corrie goes to grab Jayden again when Quinn steps in between them. The peaceful brother. Then I am smothered in a hug. Kyle, the emotional one.

"Ok can my brother's please go inside and take a breath. Or a shot. Whichever helps." I shout while being crushed by Kyle.

They all stand and stare at me. When I tell them to politely fuck off, they all head inside. I hear someone heading towards me from behind I see Elliot standing there with his arms crossed. I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Do you have anything to add?" I question him. Elliot looks between Jayden and I.

"You are a big girl. You can make your own choices, or mistakes. That doesn't mean I won't be watching you." He points at Jayden as he walks inside.

Still getting used to the whole Elliot giving a crap about my life. Jayden waits for Elliot to close the front door before he comes around the car. The two of us lean up against the car in silence. It is scary how easy you fall back into step with someone. Even if you aren't sure you can trust them. Everything goes back to normal on the outside. Inside, I don't trust him.

"You know Brandon is looking at us through his blinds?" Jayden points out what I already know. Our backs are to his house but I spotted Brandon the minute we pulled up.

"Are you going to talk to him about Kacey?" Jayden looks down at me all considered. There is that feeling.

"In all honesty Jayden. I don't want to talk to you about Kacey. I trust you just about as far as I can throw you. Though I like speaking to you again. Just not about real things." I make sure I look him in the eye when I say this to see his reaction. He doesn't seem surprised. He drops his head and nods at me.

"Should I go talk to him or you?" Jayden is acting like we did something wrong. Did we?

"He's a big boy. He can come talk to us." I try to act cool about this situation but I am slightly freaking out. I haven't spoken to Brandon since Kacey and now this. Maybe I should give up boys for good.

"So we aren't having conversations about real things?" Jayden is full of questions.

"No you can save that for Ashley. You know, when her mouth isn't full." I wink at him.Jayden burns red but starts laughing at my comment.

"When did you get so dirty minded?" Jayden ruffles my hair. I push the boy off of me and start to walk away.

"When I started hanging around with your brother." I leave him on that note going up to my room.

"Can someone please explain to me what is wrong with my sons?" I hear my father shout from upstairs.

Then there is a stampede as the four boys run downstairs towards me. I see Jessie and Elliot standing at the top of the stairs. I see Elliot say something to my father who has joined them. His face drops.

"You are pregnant?" My father shouts down at me. I facepalm as I see Jessie slap Elliot on the back of the head.

"Really? Which one is the father?" My mother joins us from the kitchen. I see her smirking at me. I wonder where the twins get it from.

The back door closes and we all turn to see Brandon standing there. Of course he heard all of it. Everyone is silent while we wait for Brandon to say something. Show any indication of whether he heard what was said here.

"What? It's not mine." Brandon shrugs looking at my mother.

My mother rolls her eyes at Brandon. She then turns to everyone and tells them to scatter. They are reluctant at first but no one can really say no to my mam. When the coast is clear I nod for Brandon to follow me to my room. As we walk upstairs he stays two paces behind me. In my room he sits at my desk rather then joining me on the bed. I'm in trouble.

"So how was your day?" Brandon asks the ground. Or his feet I can't really tell what he is looking at.

"It was grand. How was yours?" I ask him.

Brandon shuffles his feet. He picks up a book off my desk and starts flicking through it. It's Jayden's book.

"I bought this for him." Brandon places the book back on my desk. "The two of you are so alike."

"Yeah we are. That's why we fight so much." Brandon scoffs at that his shoulder relaxing slightly.

"That and your age." He says looking up at me.

"You are two years older then us don't get cocky." I narrow my eyes at him a little offended.

"Two years is a lot at our age." Brandon looks around my room. As if he didn't know every inch of it already.

"It wasn't a problem when you were kissing me." Then I realise what's different. "This is about Kacey."

"How is this about Kacey?" Brandon's head turns sharply towards me.

"We were fine. No problem, almost starting to date then Kacey shows up. You have a deep conversation or you sleep together and now, two days later you are trying to distance yourself from me. Plus I have given you the perfect excuse arriving home with Jayden." I throw my hands in the air.

"Who the hell said we slept together?" Brandon raises his voice at me but stays at the other side of the room.

"Nobody did. But no one has said anything. Last time I saw or spoke to you you disappeared upstairs with her."  I snap at Brandon pushing all his buttons.

"You're not my girlfriend." Brandon hisses at me. Almost immediately realising how bad he sounds. "Lee."

"No you are right Brandon. I am not your girlfriend. I am just a girl that you made out with in a closet after you declared your feelings for me. One you almost punched your brother over. One who trusted you completely with her heart. But who gives a fuck now that Kacey is back on the scene. Now all I am is some kid that your little brother hangs out with." I shout at him as I make my way across the room. When I am inches away from him Brandon stands up so he is standing over me.

"Kacey and I talked. That was it." That's all he says.

"Do you still love her?" I whisper. Scared to ask the question.

"Lee." Brandon reaches out to hold my hand. I pull my arm away from him.

"Do you still love her?" I raise my voice determined for an answer.

"I don't know. This is all really confusing." Brandon lowers his head.

"Let me make it easier. Until you sort your head out we won't talk." I walk away from him.

"Lee don't do that." Brandon places a hand on my shoulder.

"You don't need me messing any of this up for you. You go sort you out. Then if you want to be friends or more or... Nothing. Let me know." I say as if it's a business meeting. Brandon goes to speak again. I turn to face him so he can see the tears in my eyes.

"Please Brandon." I beg.

So he leaves.