Chapter Eleven: I Kick Balls, Deal With It

Chapter Eleven: I Kick Balls Deal With It.

It was the Friday of our first week of school. The Michaels had officially settled in. On Tuesday this week there was announcement saying that soccer training would start this Friday. It came over the speaker in between classes. Meaning we were all in the hallway.

Somehow basically the whole soccer team was in the one hallway at this time. We all started cheering and slagging each other when we heard it. But today is the day. Sitting in my last class which just so happens to be English I can't keep my eyes off of the clock.

"Will you breath please?" Jayden laughs beside me. Telling him to shut up I look back at the clock.

There is a steady beat coming from the tapping of my foot. I am so anxious to get back out on the field with the guys. I can't wait to have a ball back at my foot. Behind me I can here Dylan tapping his pen. This is driving us crazy.

"Dylan, Lee we know you are both anxious to get back on the field. But we do not need a drum roll." Mr Walker laughs at the two of us.

Everyone knows we are dying to get out. Our soccer team is the schools best team. The basketball team aren't too bad they work hard but don't really go anywhere. The football team are disgraceful, we don't talk about them.

I remember going to see my brothers play. We have won the league for the last four years in a row. The bell goes sending Dylan and I racing out the door to our lockers. His wasn't too far away from mine. We continue our race seeing who can get their locker open and closed first.

All around us we can hear our team racing through the hall. We have a bet to see who will get onto the field first. Our English room isn't too far away from the gym though. Making a run for it again we can hear students giving out about us pushing through them.

When I get into the girls changing room I run for my locker which is the one closest to the door out to the field. Cheerleading practice starts today too. This locker will soon be filled with squealing girls. Another reason to get out quickly.

This morning I put on my training shirt purposely so I didnt have to change that. I even had my sports bra on for the whole day. Pulling my jeans off I already have my under shorts on. I was ready for this competition. Once I had everything on I took my boots in my hand and ran onto the pitch. To see dumb and dumber lying in the middle of it asleep.

"You two cut last class didn't you?" I ask trying to get my breath back.

Sam and Corrie simultaneously nod in response.

"Aw shit. Lee is out first guys." Nick shouts into the dressing room. I can hear moans following his announcement.

"Excuse you. We were out before her." Sam shouts.

"Cutting class doesn't count." Nick rolls his eyes at the twins. We all know them so well.

"What does the fresh meat look like this year?" Corrie asks sitting up.

"Bit scrawny. Their heads are firmly placed right up their asses though. At least we have no girls this year though." Nick smiles at me.

At that I start to hit him. The two of us wrestle to the floor. Normal for me and Nick. Well it's normal for me. I've got to show these guys who's boss.

"Please do not start already." Kyle moans walking out of the dressing room.

"What? It is not my fault that she just wants me so much." Nick laughs from under me.

"We all know that it is me she wants." Charlie winks at me as he joins us.

"Oh please, Lee wouldn't go for any of you pigs." We all turned when we hear Coaches voice. I get up from on top of Nick and smile at him.