Chapter Thirty-Four: Sonic The Hedgehog

Sonic The Hedgehog.

"What are you doing here?" I ask the boy sitting at my kitchen table.

"I was going to ask if you wanted to go out for pancakes." Jayden looks way too calm to be in my house. Staring around the kitchen I walk over to the basement door.

"They are all gone out. Your mom let me in." Jayden explains why he is still alive. If he was in my kitchen with any of my brother's here I would have woken up to a corpse in my house.

"We are not friends I made that clear." I point out to Jayden. I look at the clock above my kitchen door to see it is nine o'clock on a Saturday morning.

"You said we don't talk about real things. You never said anything about getting pancakes together." Jayden points out.

"Why can't you just go with Ashley? And why are you up and clean at nine o'clock?" I ask leaning on the counter opposite him. Jayden does not seem phased by my messy bed head, my morning breath, my lack of make up or my soccer pjs.

"I am clean and up because I wanted to bring you out for pancakes. Is that such a crime?" Jayden avoids my Ashley question.

"Yes it is since this time next week we have a soccer tournament." I scowl at him. "Go ask Ashley to get pancakes with you." I challenge him to avoid her.

"You are starting to sound jealous." Jayden tries to joke about it but I am not amused. I turn and walk out of the kitchen only to have Jayden block my exit.

He is Sonic the Hedgehog.

"I am sorry that was too far." Jayden apologises. I am so sick of hearing him apologise.

"You think?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Leeann, I just want to start building bridges." Jayden looks at me desperately.

"Why do you care if we are friends or not?" My voice starts to rise a little.

"Because I care about you." He sighs letting the words slip from his mouth. I start to blush when Jayden finishes his sentence. "We were such good friends Leeann. I miss having you as a friend."

I groan loudly at the boy in front of me.

"Sit there and wait while I get ready. You are paying for the pancakes. If my brothers come back you are paying for your own funeral too." I shout at the smiling boy in front of me.

I quickly run upstairs to get changed. When I am done I bump into my mom on the stairs. She smiles at me slightly noticing that I was wearing jeans instead of a tracksuit.

"He isn't a bad kid." She brushes a strand of hair behind my ear. "But just be careful." Leaving a kiss on my forehead she walks into her room.

I go downstairs to see Jayden on his phone in the seat I assigned him. Walking slowly up behind him I try to take a peek at his phone.

"I have three siblings. You think you can sneak up on me?" Jayden smirks as he spins in his chair.

"I was just curious as to what excuse you were giving Ashley." I cross my arms over my chest. Jayden rolls his eyes standing before me.

"I told her I was with an old friend." I raised an eyebrow at him. "What? It's not like I am lying. You can read my message to her if you want." Jayden holds his phone out to me.

"No I do not want to read your sext messages." I push the phone away. Jayden looks over my shoulder turning pale.

"Well once you aren't sending them to my daughter." My dad placing two cups of coffee on the counter. He turns to us. "So we like him this week?"