Another side of him.

Violet on the side

Paris pov

As I laid in bed staring to my ceiling I quickly glanced At the clock on my nightstand.

The time read 3:30am

I had no idea why I was still up.

I got up out of bed, heading down the stairs to the kitchen for a cup of warm milk.

Don't judge me.

After getting my drink I took my time coming back upstairs but as I passed the guest rooms the disturbing sound of small sobs caught my attention.

I stared at the closed door trying to remember whose guest room it was, after several minutes of racking my brain I finally decided to just open the door.

I cracked it open gently just enough to see who was inside.

The curly Afro caught my attention instantly causing a soft gasp to escape my mouth.

I bagged away from the door confused.

I didn't even think it was possible for a boy like him. So rude, so hateful yet he still cries?

As much as he got on my nerves the sight of him crying somehow made my chest hurt.

I debated briefly wither or not to go into the room. then his sobs got louder so I tucked away my ego and opened the door fully walking into the room.

I placed my cup on the dresser and walked towards the bed. "Jacob are you okay?" I asked.

Honestly I was scared as hell of how he would react. Because of what he did at adventure land.

I stood there waiting for him to give me an answer, but I got nothing in response.

His blood shot eyes finally locked up at me causing my breath to hitch.

Seeing him so sad, so broken made my heart ache.

My comforting ways instantly kicked in as I sat on the bed next to him hugging him. His boys stiffened as I did so, but he didn't push me away either.

"please don't cry." I begged.

I continued to try to make him feel comfortable for the next few minutes until his cries finally died down.

The room sat quiet until Princeton got off of the bed staring down at me.
"why are you here?" He questioned in a cracked worn out voice.

"excuse me?"I asked. My eyebrows scrunching together in confusion.

"Why are you in here trying to make me feel better?" He asked making it more clear this time.

I stayed quiet looking for an answer. I finally shrugged my shoulders not knowing exactly why I was doing this. "No one should be sad." I said finally.

He shook his head disagreeing.

I looked at him confused.

"Some people need to be sad." He said causing my breath to hitch.

What?

"Some of us deserve to be." He told me.

I sat there staring at this boy weirdly.. I couldn't understand.

"I don't understand." I admitted.

"I didn't think you would." He said simply. "Leave me be." He said in a horse voice.

"What?" I questioned.

"Go." He spat. "Go find you another charity case." He said.

My concern instantly replaced itself with anger. "You're a dick." I spat. "Iv done nothing to you for you to be so rude towards me." I stressed out becoming annoyed.

He looked over at me un entertained "you still here?" He asked.

"Fuck you." I spat as I left out of his door slamming it shut.

What the hell is his problem?

My dad better hurry home before he comes back to find one of his fucking artist floating in the river.

*
Princeton pov

I stared in the mirror eyes red and burning.

I knew Paris didn't deserve to be talked to that way. But I have to treat her like this, for the both of our sake.

She needs to keep her distance from me... Everyone should.

I Dug into my pocket pulling out the small box cutter.

I ran my finger along the sharp edges repeated before sliding the blade along my wrist.

I repeated this step multiple time adding marks to the collection until my arm sat covered in blood.

I turned on the faucet letting the cold water hit my arm.

Iv been cutting for so long to the point I do it when I'm not even realizing most times.

I can't even feel it anymore.

I have been cutting consistently ever since that day.

I didn't want to keep cutting, it took too much work to hide.

But I couldn't stop myself.

It was the only way to deal with the guilt.

~*~
Violet pov

Prodigy and I sat on the swing chair in the backyard staring at the clouds. "I see a hamburger." Prod said pointing to a cloud.

I chuckled. "No way that is totatlly a boat." I protested.

"What? Not even." He said not seeing it.

"You're just hungry." I chuckled.

He smiled. "You're probably right." He agreed.

I smiled as I snuggles closer to him placing my head into the crock of his neck.

Boy are usually the further thing from my mind. I see them as a distraction.

But with prod, it's different.

He so much more than a distraction.

"can I ask you something?" He questioned breaking the silence.

"of course." I said giving him my attention.

"Do you believe in love at first site?" He questioned.

I thought for a moment before dragging my finger along the words on his shirt. "Yes." I finally said.

"I don't." He said causing me breath to hitch. "Well, I never used to." He corrected. "Until I met you." He said finally.

I looked up at him wondering where he was going with this.

"I know we have only known each other for a week but the day I laid eyes on you in the cafeteria I knew you were the one for me." He spook, slow and clear to be sure I was following him. "You are what Iv been looking for... My souls mate." He breathed out.

I swallowed as my throat grew dry..

I was his soulmate?

"Say something." He urged after a moment of silence. "Anything." He plead.

My mother always told me actions speak louder than words so I grabbed his face into my hands softly pressing my lips into his using my lips to say the words my mouth couldn't form.

*****

Question for this chapter.

Jacob cuts himself, he says he has to do that. It's the only way to deal with the guilt.

Just keep that clue in mind.