Mama knows best.

Paris(pov)

I sat on my bed and stared up at the ceiling as Ed sheeran blared throughout my speaker.

I was just laying here thinking.

Thinking about how fucked up my life truly is...

"Sweetie, your father and I are going to be heading out soon." Mom told me coming into my room.

Once she noticed my state she instantly sat on my bed as concerned washed across her face.

"What's wrong?" She questioned pushing my curls out of my face.

I stared at her for a Moment. Mom and I didn't have the best connection but when it came to situations like these I knew I could talk to her, judging someone wasn't in her character.

"Ray." Was all I manage to choke out.

She sighed as she continued I run her fingers through my hair. "I knew you two had a think." She smiled.

"How?" I asked looking at her.

"The way you look at him, anytime you two are in the same room." She said knowingly.

"Well not anymore." I told her. "I hate him." I spat.

"Don't say that." Mama told me.

"He played me mama." I cried out.

"Oh honey." She said grabbing me into her arms.

"I really thought he cared about Em." I choked out. "But I was a game to him and roc." I told her.

She rubbed my back for comfort.

"Have you spoken to Ray since?" She questioned.

"No." I spat. "I never plan to speak to him again." I said.

"Sweetheart, I know you are angry." She began. "But you have to forgive him." She said.

I pulled away from her looking up at her.

"Forgive him?" I scoffed. "Mom he hurt me, he broke my heart." I reminded her. "Why come no one see it that way" I questioned.

"I do honey, I do." She assured me.

"Holding on to this anger is going to destroy you." She assured me. "I'm not saying give him another chance or anything." She clarified. "What I'm saying is forgive him, you have too. Not for him, not for me but for yourself."

I sat there looking at her and deep down I knew she was right.

Mama always knows best.

"Your father and I will be out of town this weekend again with Keisha and Walter so the boys will be staying here, i hope you use this weekend to do the right thing." She told me. "I love you honey." She reminded me before kissing me on the forehead. "Dry those tears pretty girl." She smiled.

I laced my arms around her hugging her.

I know I'm not the most respectful teen in the world. But no matter how smart my mouth was.

I loved my mama with everything I had in me.

~*~

Violet and I waved out the door as my parents got into the car.

The boys walked in soon after.

Violet instantly three her arms around prodigy hugging him.

Jealously quickly washed over me as I watched the happy couple.

My eyes sifted int he direction of Ray causing me to turn around and go back up to my room.

I know I have to talk to him, but I'm just not ready.

*
The knock on my door annoyed instantly. "Go away." I shouted not interested in whoever was on the other side of it.

The door ironed anyways to reveal roc

I sighed as he stepped inside my roomS

"I'm sorry." Was his first words:

I let out a deep breath as I looked at him.

"swear I never meant to ever hurt you." He began. "but you have to believe me when I say that you wasn't just a game. " he plead. "we never made any bet or anything on you. I was just strongly attracted to you and so was ray. " roc continued.

"he was getting mad because I kept hitting on you so he felt he had to over power me and that's why he blurted out about the two of you having sex." He informed me. "I pretty sure he wasn't thinking at the moment he was just focused on getting me to bag off." Roc stressed out. " I feel like this is all my fault for even coming on to you in the first place. he truly care about you and its obviously that you care about him too." Roc pointed out.

He sighed as I remained silent. "I know this apology won't fix everything but, please don't be mad at him. " roc begged. "He think he is in love with you." Roc told me causing my heart to stop.

"I truly am sorry Paris." Roc said finally before making his way out of my room leaving me there in my thoughts.

~*~
I eased out of bed heading for the kitchen. It was pretty late so I hoped I wouldn't run into anymore on my mission for food.

As I searched through the fridge for a snack the sound of footsteps joining me in the kitchen caused me to turn around.

"Paris." Ray breathed out, his eyes blood shot red.

I hurried towards the exit of the kitchen not wanting to talk but he quickly blocked the way.

"Please move." I plead not looking up at him.

"Talk to me." He said. "Please." He begged.

I sighed as I thought back to my mother's wise words.

I had to forgive him.

And the first step to that would be hearing him out.

I let out a deep breath before finally looking into his eyes which were filled with so much sorrow.

"I can't even began to explain how sorry I am." He stressed out. " but I promise that I would never hurt you intentionally." He assured me.

"I forgive you Ray." I told him.

"I know I know please just-" he said then stopped mid sentence. "Wait, what did you say?" He questioned.

"I forgive you." I repeated.

An expression of shock washed over his face as he stared down at me. "Really?" He breathed out.

"Really." I smiled slightly.

"Thank god!" He exclaimed before picking me up wrapping his arms around me tight. He grabbed my face into his pressing his soft lips into mine.

I pulled away bagging up.

"Ray I said I forgive you... But that doesn't mean I want to be with you." I explained.

"What?" He breathed out. "I don't understand." He said.

" you hurt me Ray, and that's just something I can't get over right now." I told him.

The pained expression that once stuck to Ray's face returned.

"I'm sorry." I told him before stepping around him leaving the kitchen.

I wiped away the tears that slipped from my eyes as I made my way up the stairs.

Ray isn't the one for me, I felt it somehow.

He just wasn't my soulmate.