Chapter 29

"You will be fine, baby cakes. Just man up and seduce him before you tell him." Christian laughs down the phone, supportive as ever and I sigh. Nerves splayed, stomach churning and tapping my fingers on the counter impatiently.

"I think he might get mad. Or upset. I don't know." I stare at the wall of the apartment, facing the entertainment unit with it's million and one framed pictures of us from the last year. The smiling happy trips and the cute couple snaps from favorite selfies. His lounge is looking less refined and manly nowadays, with the addition of throws, fluffy cushions and a manner of pink and sparkles mixed through all the grey and cool tone things. His domain has slowly been morphing over the months into a girly love pad and he doesn't seem to care, even though it's not as prim and neat as it used to be.

"No, he won't. He never seems to get mad at you. He will sigh and smile and do whatever it is you ask of him, like he always does. You have that puppy wrapped around your little pinkie and you know it." Christian is being annoyingly upbeat today. I guess he chose his holiday with James to stay in bed, again, seeing as that's all they seem to do now they are officially cohabiting. Much like Arry and I.

Moving in here was the best decision I ever made and living with him has made us closer than ever. Not that sometimes he doesn't want to string me up for being a completely messy house mate, but he's easy to placate. I just have to get naked and he's over it.

"I'm not sure I even want it, I'll miss you guys so much." I play with a strand of my hair, longer now as I've been growing it out a little and stare at its light highlighted color, tugging it in front of me nervously. Trying to curb my edgy tension.

"You know that we shouldn't hold you back. Jenny is leaving anyway. Married with a bun in the oven has really redirected her priorities, and what with Nathan opening his own marketing company to promote more fighters. I think she's happy to be one of those stay home and adore my kids type of people." Christian sighs, as I do. We attended the crazily unexpected wedding a few months ago, that seemed to come out of the blue after those two got into a very serious relationship and found out she was pregnant.

She's happy though, and the unplanned baby seems to make her more so. Nathan turned out to be more than capable of being a one-woman man after all and is all for the new life he is giving her, if not a little old fashioned in the whole 'You're not giving birth to my baby until our names match.' I honestly never saw that one coming at all. I think they will make it though; he seems to adore her as much as she adores him, and he stopped playing games with her heart the second he told her so.

"I know, but I still see her. If I go, then I won't see you both for a year, Chris." a sob stifles in my throat at verbalizing it and the doubts all flood straight back in, winding me in the gut. I haul over the unicorn mug that now holds cold coffee and play with the handle.

"We'll keep this place warm for you. You need to follow your heart, chase your dreams. You can go places with your talents, Sophs, don't let us hold you back." He sounds hoarse, a touch emotional too and I let the tears erupt a little. I hate that I love them both so much, that the thought of leaving them kills me this way.

"Promise me you'll visit me?" I sob down the cell phone and sigh heavily to get it all back inside.

"I swear. As often as I can. You don't lose me that easily, princess." He seems to be crying too and the ping of the oven alerts my attention.

"I'll call you tomorrow. I need to go take the food out, he'll be home soon. I love you, Christian." I wipe the back of my hand over my face and pull myself together. Sighing heavily and pushing my brain into action with my plans for Arry getting home. Pulling myself together because it's going to be so much worse talking this over with him.