22ii

a/n: I was gonna wait for 24h before I updated next then ... some months passed.

It is chaos. When Tine finds them, Sarawat alone is fighting with the boys from the Architecture and Engineering Departments. Phukong is on the ground panic-stricken a bit further away, bruises mottling his face and arms. 

Tine rushes to the younger boy first. "Are you okay?"

Phukong nods, his face ashen. Tine immediately texts Man, Fong, and Boss, pockets his phone and runs over to support his boyfriend in beating up the miscreants. 

Mil turns up minutes after. 

To his surprise, Mil joins them in fighting against his own department students. People Tine had thought were his friends.

Once Sarawat's friends reach, the fight becomes even. Soon after his own friends join in punching and kicking and just throwing limbs in all directions to land hits. The racquet draws the attention of the passing students and eventually, the Faculty.

The fight is brought to a subsequent halt when the teachers show up and members of the Discipline Committee pull them apart.

Tine is struggling to breathe, his chest and jaws hurting as he holds Phukong up, checking the boy over.

Sarawat is arguing with the teachers, and complaining about the bullies. Tine overhears Mil reiterating his side of the story. Man and Boss standing next to them, with twin expressions of grimace on their faces.

About two hours later, they are allowed to leave. The Disciplinary Committee representative says they will inform their decision on the Political Science students after they convene the next day. The Engineering - Architecture students are suspended on the spot.

It is only when Tine sees Sarawat hobble over towards him, he begins to feel his own temper rising.

*

The ride back to his brother's flat is awkward and painful in its own regard. Tine drives them back in Sarawat's car who is sitting next to Tine in the passenger seat. Phukong is in the back seat. Tine doesn't utter a single word but he looks clearly upset. It is palpable. 

He tries to shrink into his seat.

Phukong thinks his face is swelling already, his heart still jack rabbiting.