17

a/n: Wattpad hates me. I can't read some of my previous chapters on the app 😒😒😒

Is this the longest chapter? Idk.

There is a silent agreement, Sarawat nodding his head and possibly a slight bit flustered if the dropped spoon was anything to go by.

 Nothing really changes after that.

Not really.

Sarawat is busy practising for music competitions, football practice with his faculty teammates. Tine wonders if he studies at all. Tine is busy with attending classes, cheerleading sessions, trying to mend his and Fong's friendship, hanging out with his friends, trying to make them see that Than and his friends are nice to hang out with too. 

What does change is that Sarawat doesn't ignore him if they meet in the hallways or playground. He'll acknowledge his presence and pass by. They don't really exchange any words except for Tine saying 'good morning' and Sarawat replying 'morning.' Boss, Theme and First look at him with open curiosity. Man pretends he can't see Tine.

*

In the last week of September, Mix comes to Chiang Mai to visit him. Tine is happy to meet him. They spend an entire weekend together. Tine introduces him to his friends. They sort of get along. He leaves Monday morning. On Tuesday, the damned university newsletter posts his pictures. Again. He had thought they had stopped. This time in one he is with Mix in a mall where they had gone to play at an arcade and the second picture he is with Peuk on a university bench, Peuk holding him in a headlock.

The title of the article is as stupid as its content.

What the hell is this?

At this point it feels he is being purposefully targetted. Ohm is unable to find out who it is writing about them. The newsletter's student editor says they receive the articles anonymously and since it attracts so many views and clicks, they go ahead with it and publish it. She apologizes to him. She also lets it slip that Sarawat had in not so many kind words had told her to not continue posting such articles about Tine so she assures the latter they'll be careful about what they post next time.

Sarawat had not only seen these articles but also threatened them to take these down?

Tine smiles, pleased.

He looks up at the article again and looks at the pictures. There was a time when looking at the pictures he would have had said all he sees his friendship but now he isn't sure anymore. What if Sarawat misunderstands?

*

That evening, he goes to attend the cheerleading session. They are not so boring anymore as his junior Love has joined the group too. Tine doesn't mind his company. They are entering the field. The Political Science department is leaving.

"Hey, nong Wat," P'Foei shouts and beckons Sarawat. "He is here."

Tine stands there a bit out of place, awkward and trying not to show he is nervous.

"He is coming," P'Foei says unnecessarily. Tine can see that. Sarawat is on the other side. Theme winks at him.

"Our campus's most popular boy." First grins.

Uh.

"Are you here to see Ai'Sarawat?" Theme asks.

"I'm here for practice." Tine points at his group.