Chapter 11

"Studying." I replied shortly writing into my notebook.

"Why though. Its not like youre still in school, right? Why dont you just put the books away and entertain me?" he asked unsatisfied with my answer.

"I am in fact trying to get my bachelors degree." I replied monotonously.

"What? Why? What are you studying?"

"Forensic science." I replied turning a page.

"Wait how old are you again?"

"19. And unless you want to study with me or can recite this textbook, I would love some peace to actually get some work done. Im not that far behind but I have a few tests to take when were back in Austria. Until then I have to know all of this." I gestured to the two books lying in front of me.

"But thats boring! And Im bored!" he slapped his hand against his leg in frustration.

"Its not that boring once you get the hang of it." I shrugged.

"What are you learning in this course?" he asked grabbing my book.

"Im sure you have no interest in my studies. Do you know how to play chess?" I changed the subject closing my books giving up in trying to study.

"Nope."

"Get my bag from the overhead bin and Ill teach you." I pointed upwards.

That is how I spent the rest of the flight. Explaining a boardgame to my college and showing him some basic strategies.

We finally landed and got into a taxi to drive us to Milton Keynes. The carried didnt take too long but it was filled with more complaining from beside me and I think you can imagine how relieved I was when we finally arrived at HQ.

After a meeting we were finally done for today and Max and I parted ways since he had an apartment here and I was still yet to find a hotel I could sleep at for the duration of my stay.

Luckily, I got a rental car for the week, so I just drove to the first hotel I found on google and walked in.

"Hello! I came by here and was wondering if you had a free room?" I asked the lady at the reception.

"Im sorry Miss. Unfortunately, were booked." The woman answered so I said goodbye and drove to the next one.

"Hi there! I was just wondering if you had a free room for this week?" I asked at another hotel.

"Yes, we do. But unfortunately, its only free until Saturday. Would that be okay for you?" the receptionist asked.

"Yes, that would be good as well. Can I check in right now or should I come back? "

"You can check in right now. This is your key. It is room 405. We hope you enjoy your stay with us. The stairs are on your right. If you have any further questions feel free to ask the staff, have a nice day."

I dragged my suitcase all the way up to the fourth floor and slid my key in. opening the door I was greeted with greenish walls and a tiny window. 'Oh well. I thought to myself, At least I have somewhere to stay. Im so tired '

Dropping onto the bed it let out a terrible shriek which made me jump up again scared it would collapse underneath me.

Sighing I got accommodated, checking out the bathroom. It looked like it was straight from the 50s. The floor as well as the walls had an ugly yellow colour, and the sink was stained and beige. All in all, the room was not the way I would have liked it to, but I was happy to get to bed.

Spending almost every day in the simulator the week was long and exhausting. Because of the uncomfortable bed I didnt sleep well and by the end of the week I was absolutely spent. I wanted to drive from Paris to the Circuit passing on the connecting flight. As soon as the PR Team got wind of this idea of mine, they asked Max to join me and wanted us to do a Vlog of our journey. It would be great for teambuilding. Their words not mine

So, to get us into the Road trip spirit Max volunteered to pick me up from my hotel. Making our way to the airport we just sat quietly, and both clung to our own thoughts.

The flight was perfectly on time and only lasted for a little over an hour which I used to catch up on some sleep. As soon as we got our luggage we got to the car. The cameras were just being set up, so we had time to grab a few drinks and snacks for the ride.

Stopping at a coffee shop to get some caffein I went on into some other stores buying my favourite Chips and drinks together with some apples and sandwiches considering my Colleague probably didnt think of that stuff.

Meeting up at the car a few minutes later everything was set up and we got our microphones before we got into the car playing rock paper scissors about who would get to drive first. (I won.)

Hopping into the car I put the seat forward so I could reach the pedals and then we were off. We introduced ourselves to the camera and told the non-existent people watching us what we were doing.

"You know I could probably drive faster than you do right now. Max teased form the passenger seat. Seeing me driving slowly behind another car. We were going 30 kph in a 60 zone."

"Oh, really? I dont think so.", in the next breath I yelled, "Du hast für das Gaspedal mit bezahlt! Nutze es!!!" (Your gas pedal was included in the price! Use it!!!)

Max just looked at me and started bursting out laughing.

My yelling didnt seem to impress the car in front of us as it didnt speed up at all.

"Fahr noch langsamer und du parkst!" (Drive any slower and you re parking!) I tried to reason. Max beside me was dying.

"MENSCH JETZT FAHRE!!" (DUDE LETS GO!!) I screamed and then finally the person in front of us turned onto another street.

"So how was your week, Max?" I sighed relieved.

Still giggling he answered: "It was good. How about you? "

"Just splendid." I smiled taking a sip of my coffee.

After some Smalltalk we moved on to deeper topics. "How are you feeling about your crash on Sunday?" I asked quietly.

"Still a bit disappointed that I couldnt take the podium from you, but you know. Ill try again this week. And you deserved it so Im not sad about it. How do you feel after the race? "

"I think its still a little bit unreal, but it felt amazing standing on the podium and celebrating with you guys. Hey by the way, open my purse please". I instructed.

"Oh god what the fuck is in there?" he asked once he looked inside.

"Just some necessities. My glasses should be in there somewhere. Can you get them?" I asked.

"Oh lord. I was always told not to look through womens purses and now Im doing it!" after a few minutes of searching he gave up, Its not in here.

"Yes, they are. I threw them in there before leaving the hotel. Let me look." I reached one hand into the bag and after a few seconds of digging I found the case they were in. "Got it." I celebrated.

"What the fuck?" the passenger whispered.

Opening the case and putting it onto my lap I took out my contacts at the next red light and put on my glasses whilst driving off. "Much better." I smiled plucking the lost tampon out of the case and throwing the things back into my bag.

"Okay youre weird." Max remarked.

"Oh, I know that." I smiled turning on to the Autobahn.

"So how do you want to drive this? Two hours each and then switch or do you want to do four hours and then switch? Because when I looked it up it said we were going to need almost 9 hours."

"I dont really care. How about we see how we get through and when we stop for food well decide?"

"Great! Now how about some music? You are the passenger. So, youre the DJ"

"Oh yes! What do you want to hear?" he asked.

"Oh, I dont mind. I listen to almost everything so just hit me, and well see how we vibe?"

"Cool"