Chapter 23

"I sure hope so. Now what are we doing today?"

"Media, meetings. Boring things. What were you up to while I was gone?" we started catching up while walking down the paddock.

An hour later we found ourselves in my drivers room just talking about the most random stuff. Soon Simon knocked on my door. Poking his head through he asked: "Were getting food. Wanna join?" as his gaze fell onto Lisa he immediately backtracked, "Oh I see youre busy. I didnt know you had a visitor. Ill be off now. See you!" he was in the middle of turning around when I had exchanged a look with my best friend and said: "Simon wait! Well join you guys. Wanna go out or stay in the motorhome?"

"Uhm we couldnt decide on a place to go so we just wanted to stay here. Do you have any suggestions where to go? "

"Oh, we have a few. By the way. This is my best friend, Lisa. Lisa this is Simon my race engineer. You know the guy on the other end of the walkie talkie thing." I explained.

"Oh, thats what thats called! Nice to meet you, Simon."

"Nice to meet you too. Ill get the guys. Lets meet in 5 minutes?"

"Great. Bye" I agreed.

After eating dinner with the team, I picked up Daniel to take him to his hotel since he came with me and didnt have a car at the track.

After walking Frankie, I went to bed.

I woke up pretty early the next day. After making coffee and walking the dog I left for my appointment.

I was laying on my back reading while Thomas working on my stomach for hours. I think I fell asleep halfway through the session because I woke up to Tom starting to clean up and Daniel sitting in a chair next to me petting Frankies side.

"Well, hello there! Why didnt you wake me up when you came?" I asked the McLaren driver.

"You looked so peaceful and that scared me. Who sleeps while getting a tattoo?" he asked concerned. Only now I noticed the guy standing next to him holding a camera in our direction.

"You could have just nudged me or something. Anyways how long have you been here for? Watching me sleep like some sort of weirdo." I smiled

About half an hour and I was playing a guessing game what you were getting tattooed anyway so I was well entertained. It looks good by the way.

I looked down at the Medusa tattoo on my stomach. Her eyes were black and four of the snakes on her head had their mouths open ready to attack.

"Its medusa if you havent noticed. From Greek mythology. She was cursed so that everyone who would ever look into her eyes would turn into stone. Enough of that where do you want your tattoo? I already have the design in my bag." I got up and dug through the black purse.

"I was thinking somewhere on my arm. Or leg I dont know yet. What do you think?"

We discussed the matter with Tom and settled for his arm. Not long after that he was done, since it was such a small piece, and we went to pay.

"I got it Daniel. You were getting my number tattooed anyways." I said as Thomas handed me my card back.

"You didnt have to." He exclaimed pulling out some bills to give to me.

"Dont. Just keep it. Pay for someones dinner or something. Now wanna see the prettiest place to see the mountains?" I asked excited, but we have to walk a little bit.

"Im in." he smiled, "Hey how about we take some of the drivers along?"

"Great idea. George wanted to go sightseeing anyway! Call a few of them!" I got even more excited.

A few minutes later he came back smiling: "Theyll be here in a few minutes."

"Perfect. Whos coming?"

"Pierre, Seb, Kimi, Valtteri, Carlos, Charles, Pierre, Esteban, George and Lando."

"Cool! I convinced Mick and Yuki too."

"Great now how about we meet at the field down the street because Frankies pretty bored."

"Sounds good to me. Lets go!"

Letting the grey dog run free I chatted with Daniel until Frankie finished sniffing around and started to nudge my leg.

"What do you want Honey?" I asked him smiling down at him.

As an answer he sat down in front of my bag.

"Oh, you are a smart boy!" I said pulling out a bright yellow Tennis ball and threw it as far as I could, Frankie running to catch it and bring it back to me.

We did this a few times until I asked Daniel:" Do you want to have a go?"

"Sure." As Frankie came back i pointed at the Australian: "Give it to him".

The two played like this for the remainder of the time it took the other drivers to get here.

As I saw some cars pulling in, I left the two to themselves and made my way to greet the others.

"Hi guys! Its so cool came here. I dont know what Danny told you, but well go on a small hike. Well be back for dinner if thats okay with you."

I only got positive replies, so I turned around to Daniel who just threw the ball and Frankie who was chasing it down.

As the dog had the toy in his moth I whistled slightly, and he came running back full speed. Daniel looking at him in a confused manner as he was running straight past him.

Running to me with full force Frankie came to a halt right in front of my legs. "Good boy." I said clipping the leash to his collar. "Sitz." I commanded and turned around again.

"Guys this is frankie for all of you who dont know him yet. Is anyone scared or allergic to dogs so I know who I need to keep him away from? "

"Nope."

"Im okay with him."

"Me too. "

"Great. Now how about we get going. Its about 10 minutes by car so I guess Ill drive first, and you follow me. Does anyone need a lift?"

"We should probably all squeeze into a few cars and leave the rest of them here." Seb spoke up.

"Good idea. I can take 4 of you in my car."

"I can take 4 as well." Mick said.

"Great. Lets go and figure this out."

I ended up taking Seb, Kimi, Valtteri and Esteban with me and Frankie found his place in the boot.

We spent the duration of the ride chatting and laughing about stupid things.

After a one and a half hours long hike, we got to the top of the mountain where we took a couple of pictures and went to sit down on a few benches as Frankie spent his time sniffing around the place coming back occasionally, to get some pets from whoever was closest.

"He is a good dog." Esteban came up to me sitting down next to me where I was watching the others relax in the sun, chat, and play with my dog.

"He really is. Frankies my best friend, but dont tell Mick I said that." I smiled.

"Daniel invited Fernando too you know?" he said looking into the distance.

"I didnt but even if I did, he wouldnt have come either way. He hates me. As does Lewis." I gave him a pained smile.

"They dont hate you" the French man trailed of.

"Well, they said I dont belong here and that Im here because I slept with a bunch of people to get my seat. And if you didnt know Formula 1 is apparently a sport for men and as you may or may not know I dont have a dick so I shouldnt even be close to the grid." I chuckled bitterly getting up and walking to the edge of the platform looking down.