Chapter 46

I woke up in Landos room the next day. We ended up cuddling the whole night and fell asleep in each others arms. After having a chilled morning with room service for breakfast he started packing while I ate the rest of the fruit the hotel brought up.

"Alex? Have you seen my keys?" he asked looking around the room frantically.

"Where did you last see them?"

"At your house. You know outside when we sat there I had them in my pocket."

"And not after that?"

Nope."

"I'll call Chris and see if you left them."

After an enlightening phone call, we found out that they did fall out of his pocket and were still at my house.

"Don't worry. You can fly back with me and look for some flights to England on the plane."

"That would be great. Thank you, Alex." he smiled.

The flight home was way better, and I only had some trouble breathing when the plane got off. Don't get me wrong I still hated every second of it, but it was better.

My brother picked us up and Lando decided to stay the night as there were no flights until tomorrow.

We managed to dodge Brigitte who was with her knitting club (yes, she's that kind of gal), and got to my room at 8 pm. After having a snack, we cracked open a bottle of wine and sat on the couch talking the night away.

Before we knew it was 4 am and we were almost done with the second bottle. Both of us had a great time laughing at a joke I can't even remember now and as I finally calmed down from a laughing fit that almost made me fall off the couch our faces were closer than I had remembered. We were both out of breath from laughing and breathing in each other's air in the dim light a candle and small table lamp provided.

His eyes were the perfect color to just stare at for hours. I caught him glancing down at my slightly parted lips. I don't know why but as he put a hand on my cheek it felt right to nuzzle into his touch.

His lips ajar he murmured: "Can I kiss you?"

I didn't answer. Instead, I crashed my lips into his resulting in a heated kiss yet full of love, compassion, and fireworks in my stomach. Our legs intertwined I grabbed onto his shirt pulling him closer as his fingers caressed my waist and one cradled the back of my head.

We only parted as we ran out of air leaving us panting. His forehead leaned into mine as we tried to catch our breath only to feel him put his lips back on mine for a slower and gentler yet passionate kiss.

He took his shirt off and reconnected our lips before pulling off mine. I grabbed the chain around his neck pulling him even closer before my brain caught up to me. We're drunk.

I pulled away slowly and left a firm hand on his chest keeping him from kissing me again. I rested my forehead against him before whispering: "We shouldn't do this when were this drunk. Let's continue this tomorrow?"

"Yeah. Let's do that. We should go to bed now." He nodded.

"Let's go." I said and as he pulled me up, he placed another short peck on my lips causing me to smile.

After spending the night cuddled up in my bed I woke up to an empty bedroom. I stood up with a confused expression and when I walked into the kitchen, I saw Lando putting an empty bowl in the sink.

"Morning sunshine." I smiled remembering last night's events.

"Morning." He replied.

"Last night was fun. I dont think I've laughed this hard for a long time."