Chapter 29

"Hey, hey. Max? its okay. It was a dream. Youre okay. I said calmly grabbing him by the shoulders and sitting on the side of the bed, breathe with me, okay?" I said starting to breathe audibly so he could match my much slower breaths.

As he started to calm down, he buried his face in his hands. "Its okay. Weve got you Max." I whispered stroking his back until his breathing was normal and he looked up at me.

"Im sorry." He apologized his voice still unsteady.

"Dont be. Everyone breaks down every once in a while. Youre safe here."

"Hey Max. Im sorry I didnt open the door for you. I was asleep but I really should have woken up." Daniel chimed in.

Its okay. I shouldnt have been up at that time either. "

"What time is it?" the dutchman asked.

"8:30 just in time for breakfast" I answered.

"Fuck I have a plane home to catch." Max exclaimed getting out of bed and running out of the room.

After thanking me again for letting him stay here he booked it out of the door back to his room to pack his stuff and get to the airport. Daniel left a few minutes later.

I went to the factory to do some Sim work and briefings and the week off was over sooner than I would have liked, and I was on my way to Hungary. Press day rolled around, and I was paired with Mick who I had some catching up to do with.

"Hello and welcome to todays drivers press conference. Alexandra Duman and Mick Schumacher join us right now. Guys we know that you have been friends for quite some time now how did you meet?"

"Well, the first time I met Alex was when I was twelve. I was at the carting race and there was this kid everyone talked about. Alex here Alex there. To be honest with you I thought she was a dude. But I did not meet her until the podium ceremony. I was watching her on the top step, and I remember thinking. That dude is badass well needless to say I found out she was a girl a few weeks after we became friends, and we were inseparable ever since." He explained.

"Well, we were separated quite often. Even though I was at his pretty often, most years we only saw each other at carting events or something."

"And do you fight a lot considering you see each other so frequently?"

"No, I dont think so. We argue sometimes but who doesnt?" Mick answered.

"Oh, come on. Lets be real we fought about the littlest things when we were younger."

"No, we didnt? we almost never fought. Gina and I fought way more than we did."

"Maybe but shes your sister. Thats different.

"No, its not!"

"Yes, it is! I argued.

"No."

"Yes"

"No "

"Yes!

"No! you can ask my mum! We rarely fought!"

"Okay lets call her!" I said pulling out my phone from the back of my Jeans.

"Leave my mum out of this! "

"You brought her into this!"

"No, I didnt"

"Yes, you did"

"didnt!

"You literally said, and I quote you can ask my mum!"

"I hate you."

"Oh, you love me. Now sorry. he's being stupid again. what was your question again?" I asked the interviewer politely.

"You answered it perfectly thank you. Lets open this conference up to the people on the call."

"Frank Hammer form motorsport.com. Alex Beauty or brains?"

"Putting on mascara doesnt prevent me from reading Hawkins or Shakespeare. My IQ doesnt drop every time I put on lipstick. Next question."

"What are you looking for in a man?"

"Im not looking for a man. I dont need a man to be happy. If I want to be in a relationship, Ill look for a man myself thank you." I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

"If you guys were to get a tattoo, what would it be and why?" another one asked.

"I dont actually know. I dont have a tattoo yet so I would have to think about it". Mick answered.

"I could think of something that would suit you." I suggested wiggling my eyebrows.

"Dont you dare say that out loud". Mick gave me a death glare.

"Fine. Calm down, you Diva". I laughed, "I already have a few and just got another one back in Austria but I have a few other ones planned." I smiled.

"You havent showed it to me yet!" the other driver said.

"Ill show it to you after the conference."

"Where did you even get it? "

"On my stomach. Its pretty big and it took forever to get done but I really love it."

"How many of them do you have now? It has to be at least ten." Mick asked again.

"Hang on let me count." I started to count on my fingers, "twenty-two." I said confidently, "Wait no theres twenty-three." I corrected myself.

"How did I miss so many tattoos?!" Mick exclaimed.

"I dont know. I dont remember which ones I told you about!"

"The only new ones I know about are the ones on your hands because I can see them."

"Oh yeah its twenty-four I forgot about those." I giggled showing the small L and R on my wrists to the camera.

Mick and I ended up bickering for the rest of the conference and I was pretty happy that it didnt end with an angry outburst from my side how Ian liked to call it.

After the conference ended Mick demanded a tour of my tattoos which ended up being quite challenging without being completely naked. Of course, Ian caught wind of this and insisted I film a tattoo tour for YouTube since fans would demand one after our antics at the conference today.