Chapter 18

"You know sometimes I would really like to punch you in the face when you say dumb shit like that. We almost lived together as children you have a drawer at my place, and I do at yours. So, suck it up." Mick rolled his eyes faking being mad at me whilst closing the door behind him and following me to the cafeteria.

"Oh, dont you dare hit me. Ive got your mom on speed dial. Corinna and I are besties you remember that right?" I laughed.

"How could I forget? She always talks about you. Speaking of her I really need to call her again. Havent spoken to her in a few days." He trailed of.

"Oh, I spoke to her yesterday. Shes going shopping with Gina today. She wants me to give you a kiss from her but we both know that that wont happen." I laughed filling up a plate with food.

"Yeah. Eww, I dont know why she always says that. But you spoke to my mum?! Yesterday? I tried to call her, but she didnt pick up! Thats on not having a favourite child." Mick sat down beside me.

"Oh, come on. My mother adores you!! She talks about you all the time! "

"Well why dont we switch then?"

"Yeah, right like you would want my mum snooping around in your business all the time. I rolled my eyes.

"Ugh, fine we can share my mum." He sighed

"I knew you were close but youre sharing mums now?" Max came up to our table with a pile of food on his plate.

"You dont mind me sitting here, do you?" he asked already sitting and starting to shove the first bites in his face, "Back to the topic. Alex is sharing your mum?"

"Ive got her on speed dial." I shrugged and continued eating. "My mum and I arent close at all and I was at Micks almost all the time as a kid. Corinna and I are besties."

"Sometimes I think she likes Alex more than me and Im her son!" Mick stated shaking his head.

"This is starting to feel like a therapy session." The Dutch laughed.

We chatted and laughed for a few more hours before Mick went back to Haas and Max and I walked back to our drivers rooms packing for Austria.

I was all packed as I had an idea. I went over to Max and barged into his room. He jumped and squealed one of the highest squeals I heard in a long time. I busted out laughing cackling so hard I ended up at the floor.

"What are you doing! I couldve been naked in here!" he screamed holding his hand on his chest.

"Oh, my goodness! That was amazing! I really need to do that more often." I said still giggling.

"What do you want!" Max was not as amused by this as I was.

"I just wanted to ask if you fancied a road trip. Its along the sea we can take a little detour and stop by your place in Monaco and then well head northeast through Italy, and we could stop by Venice if you havent seen It, I know I havent, and we could see Verona near there is this really pretty castle we can visit and then were almost in Austria! If you want, we can jump into the Wörtersee. We can spend a night at my place before we drive to the circuit." I rambled getting excited about the adventure.

"What is it with you and road trips?" he asked.

"I hate planes." I confessed.

"As much as I would love to see those sights, I have promised my mum and sister that I would visit them in Holland. Im sorry. You could ask some of the others though. Some of them would love a road trip. "

"Okay well have fun with your family Ill keep you updated."

"Okay send me some pictures as well?"

"Bet" I smiled and left.

I contemplated on asking some other drivers but ultimately decided against it because I didnt really know any of them accept Mick, who was visiting Corinna and Gina, Lando and George who I havent seen in years, but both responded to my text saying they would take the plane.

An hour later I had picked up a black Honda MX-5, arranged the drop off at the dealership in Austria, put my bags in the boot and was just checking the Drivers room again to reassure myself I didnt forget anything when Maxs head popped through the door.

"Youre still here?" he asked.

"Yeah, just checking if I have everything and then Ill head out. Whats up?" I smiled.

"I was just wondering who ended up joining you? "

"Oh, Im going alone. I asked Lando and George and they said they would fly; Mick is visiting his family and I dont really know anyone else. "I shrugged as I spotted the charger that was still plugged into the wall, "there you are!"

"You could ask Charles, Carlos, Pierre I know Daniel likes a good road trip." He suggested.

"Its okay honestly. Im kinda looking forward to some alone time."

"You know what Ill ask for you." Max insisted.

"Max please. I dont want to force anyone and Im sure Ill be fine alone." I reassured.

"But you cant make a 12-hour road trip by yourself!"

"Ill make lots of pauses and I already looked up some hotels I can stay in. And for what its worth its going to be 16 hours driving time. Im an adult Max thank you for being so concerned and wanting to look after me, but I can handle myself. Now Ill be off, you have fun with your family, and Ill see you in Austria. Okay?" I argued hugging him goodbye.

As soon as I pushed past him, he said: "Too late. Daniels on board. He is hyped as fuck!"

"Ugh Max! I told you Ill be fine alone." I rolled my eyes.

"And Im not doubting that. Now go. Daniel is waiting for you at the McLaren motorhome. "

"Fine. Have fun with your family." I sighed.

"Drive save dwerg!" he waved.

"I told you not to call me that!"

"And I chose to ignore it!"

So, I made my way to the motorhome of the McLaren team and was greeted by a smiling Daniel. "There you are! Im so excited!" the Australian hailed as she came closer.

"Well, you look like you are. I hope its not to spontaneous. You can still back out you know?" I smiled as I picked up a backpack from Daniels pile of bags.

"I love spontaneous things. Now wheres the car!" he picked up the rest of his bags and followed me out of the paddock.

"Well, its a two-seater, pretty beautiful but I hope Its not too small. I didnt think someone would come with me on that short notice."

"Well be fine. I can still ask the team to take my bags if they dont fit. Max said you have the whole thing planned already. Where are we going?"

"Its along the sea we can take a little detour and stop by your place in Monaco and then well head northeast through Italy, and we could stop by Venice if you havent seen It, I know I havent, and we could see Verona near there is this really pretty castle we can visit and then were almost in Austria! If you want, we can jump into the Wörtersee. We can spend a night at my place before we drive to the circuit. you can do some research whilst Im driving and if theres something you want to see we can go there too. Here we are!" I pointed at the black sports car.

"Shes pretty!" Daniel complemented.