Chapter 17

Around 15 oclock I heard a knock at my door.

"Alex? Are you in there?"

"No!" I answered and went back to my textbook.

"You cant hide in there all day! Whats wrong?", Ian asked.

I just answered with silence.

"Are you just going to do the silent treatment now?" another minute of silence

"Oh, come on! Do I need to get Mick to get you out?"

"Leave me alone Im studying!" I shouted.

The man left.

About 30 minutes later there was another knock at my door. "Alex?

I rolled my eyes at Micks voice, "Cant you all just leave me alone? IM fine and I just want my peace!" I raged.

"Ian said you didnt eat all day! Why dont you come out and we go out, get you something to eat and we talk about whats upsetting you."

"Get the fuck away from my door or I will punch you where the sun doesnt shine!" I hissed after my statement I heard steps moving away from my door.

A few minutes later they came closer again, "Open the door." Mick said annoyed.

"I told you to leave me alone. Just go! "

"Okay then. Ill just drink the coffee alone.", he understood what he was doing. I didnt have any caffein since eleven and it was almost 4 pm now. He knew that I would cave in this way.

I sighed and pondered between the two options. On one hand if I opened the door, I would prove him right. He would come inside and want to talk about me being upset and trying to make me leave the room. On the other hand, if I didnt let him inside, I would get my way and he would eventually leave. I could just bathe in self-pity all day and finally have some time alone. If I remembered correctly, I should have a bottle of tequila in my bag. Maybe it would make me feel better.

But the coffee...

"Do you have snacks?" I asked curiously.

"Crisps, gummy bears and chocolate." He answered and I could hear the smile on his face. He knew he got me, and I caved.

Without a word I opened the door ignoring Ian and a curious Max who were standing there as well. I grabbed Micks wrist and pulled him in before closing the door behind us.

I took the cup out of his hand and took a big sip sighing as the hot liquid made its way down my throat. I let myself slide down the wall sitting on the floor pulling my knees towards my chest.

"Youre doing the ball thing again. Who should I beat up?" Mick asked noticing my usual behaviour when someone upset me and getting slightly angry.

I just shook my head and as the blonde sat down on my right side, I leaned my head against the wall. We just sat there in silence for a few minutes. He opened the chocolate bar eating a few pieces and me sipping on a big cup of coffee.

Minutes later the first silent tear rolled down my left cheek, going unnoticed my him. Occasionally passing me pieces of the chocolate.

He only noticed my breakdown when my shoulders started to shiver as I tried to stop the sobbing. Mick silently put his arms around my shoulder and pulled me into him.

It was new to him too. I never cried in front of people and even he has only seen me cry a handful of times the last time being over 5 years ago. Whispering some comforting words, he just held me until I calmed down.

Some lonely tears were still rolling down my face occasionally when the German started talking: "Whoever it is he is the biggest asshole out there."

"But he was my hero." I whispered.