The Beginning

Lydia's POV

It had been two weeks since I had moved into this part of London. At first I hadn't had many friends, it was just me and my dad, but then I started to adapt and learn how to fit in with this town. Now I have a group of friends that I hang out with and honestly its only been about a week but we already have our own inside jokes, secrets, and oh you know, girl drama. I realize it sounds a bit childish for a 18 year old to think that this is what determines a friendship but, doesn't it? Well it's all I've ever known at least.

My friends and I were walking down town just window shopping and decided to look for a place to eat lunch. That's when I spotted a new restaurant. I hadn't been here very long but I had been around long enough to know that this was possibly the coolest looking diner in town. It was called the Lazy Day Cafe, and the slogon was: Where the lazy things are. By then I had pointed it out to my friends "Sounds like the place for us!" Jazmine exclaimed.

"You bet it does!" Elle agreed laughing. So we headed inside.

I was right, it was definetly the coolest place in town. It had hamocks, bean bag chairs, plenty of pillows and TV's, and recliners (with cup holders). Also, instead of having to stand up and wait in line there was a couch for everyone to sit on. We walked up to the counter where 5 of us took a seat on the big comfy couch while Jazmine stood to get seats. "Table for five please." Five? But there was one, two,

"Six!" Elle called.

"Oh, right" Jazmine mumbled rolling her eyes.

"Thanks." I said to Elle.

"Any time." She replied. Elle had definetly become my best friend since I had arrived. We just, clicked.

We got our seats and food, I sat inbetween Elle and Alaine in a tealish twisty chair that was really comfortable. Across from me was Jessica and Dominique but the middle seat was empty, Jazmine had come over behind me and looked down at me. "Hey squirt mind switching seats." I hated that name, squirt. I hated being so tiny and scrawny but at least I had a nickname that was all mine so, I didn't say anything.

"Um..." I would really feel more comfortable over here by Elle I thought. But because I was kind of afraid of her I just muttered the word, "sure."

"No Jazmine, Lydia got here first, she's allowed to sit here."

"It's fine Elle, really." I say and climb out of my chair into the not-so-soft recliner on the other side of the table. I look down. Jessica, Domenique and I are friends but I don't know them as well as I do the others.

Then I hear Elle say, "Jessica, would you mind switching seats?" and I look up to see first, Jazmine's look of shock and then a sharp glare towards me. I look down as soon as Elle sits down and can't help but smile after seeing Jazmine's face so I quick shove a mouthful of pancake into my mouth. "Sorry, I don't know what's gotten into her lately." Elle whispered.

I looked up to see if Jazmine was still mad but if she was it didn't show. And suddenly I saw them come through the door. Joe, Alfie, and Zoella all walking in together and I swallow, hard.

A/N: Comment if you liked it and any suggestions you have! Love you all!