Meeting the Parents Pt. 2

Lydia's POV:

After my great first impression with Joe's parents (and ex-girlfriend) we walked over to the table that Zoe had set up. Joe started to pull my chair out for me but at the exact moment before I sat down I heard the devilish red-haired ex-girlfriend cough over-dramatically, pulling my arm up so I was back on my feet again. "Sorry squirt, but if you wouldn't mind could I sit down next to Joe for dinner?" My scowl caught in my throat and I began to feel very anxious. Is this something I should be worried about? I mean she's much prettier than me, very tall and sophisticated, definitely closer to his age then I am. And they have a history together, maybe they still have feelings for each other and this would ruin everything that Joe and I have. Maybe I shouldn't let her take my spot. No, then I'd just be that jealous girlfriend that no one wants.

Very cautiosly I shake my head yes and take a seat across from Joe and next to Zoe, who gives me an encouraging smile as I sit. Once we start eating, Joe begins to ask the fiery intruder questions. "So Jane, what brings you to London?" He gulps as if he's nervous for the answer and this makes the knot in my stomach twist even tighter.

"Actually Joe," she starts to explain in a too-sweet voice, using her hands to talk and turning to face him, "after finishing law school I started to work as a model on the side. That turned into sort of a full-time job and recently I was asked to come back to London. You'll never guess who I ran into when I arrived!" At this part of her story she covers Mrs. Sugg's hand with her own. "This lovely!"

I give an all-too-fake smile and take a sip of my water. Great, of course she's a model who went to law school and gets along extremely well with Joe's mother. "Oh Joseph it would be just so much fun if you came with me to one of my international shoots coming up, I know how much you love to travel!" She places her sticky little fingers onto Joe's thigh, making a cringe-worthy blush explode over Joe's face and neck as he pretends to have a cough.

That. Is. It. No modeling ex-girlfriend is going to barge into this apartment and get frisky with my man right in front of me. I reach over to grab my water glass and "accidentally" send it flying right towards the brat who lets out a blood-curtling shriek as a pool of water cascades onto her perfectly arranged outfit. I can see Joe's struggle to refrain his laughter so I stand up and not at all sincerely say,

"I am so sorry! Joe would you come with me to grab poor Jane some napkins." To this he mocks serious and nods his head, standing up and leading me to the kitchen with his hand on the small of my back.

Once we enter the kitchen and Joe has shut the door we burst out laughing. Joe's face was almost as red as the drama queen who's sitting with a pool of water in her lap's hair. Once we've finally caught our breath Joe cups my face with both of his hands, still chuckling. "I absolutely love you." I shrug my shoulders,

"Don't they all?" With that he pecks my lips right as Daddy Sugg enters the kitchen. I lightly blush as he rips off a couple of paper towels, even though he most likely didn't catch our quick kiss. He turns around as Joe wraps an arm around my waist and chuckles.

"She's a real keeper." Daddy Sugg says, gesturing towards me with the towels. Joe kisses my cheek and replies with a smile,

"She sure is." We all stand there for a second, smiling about the moment before Daddy Sugg hands us the paper towels.

"Now hurry up and rescue the poor girl." Joe gives his father a salute and we head off, into the disaster zone that is the dining room.

A/N: So this is actually something that I thought had been part of Meeting the Parents but got deleted, now I've rewritten it and hope you like it a lot! I have no excuses for not writing in like 5 months, I'm just lazy and also realllllly really sorry!! 

QOTC- What awkward experiences of meeting someones parents have you had?