Chapter 12 Epilogue

It's over, finally. The one who killed many, a fear that has been lingering for centuries. Cheers of many erupted once more, singing praises for the young girl. Elder Dragon Cadmus approach the dead man and gave him a smile, patting his back in the process. "You've done well, kid. A descendant of mine survived the very last attack of Highmore." the former averted his eyes above to see the young sweetheart "She even silenced him for good." Noir agreed to Cadmus' words.

"500 years of our ancestors were hiding, running, and fighting Highmore, has been ended, I knew there's always salvation at the end." Noir was brought back to reality when he felt someone tap his shoulder, turning around he saw Twice which made him smile "There you are, we've been looking for you." said Jihyo

"Oh sorry, did it take more than your time? Am I needed?" "Ooooh sooorryyy, did it take more blablabla? Am I needed - of course your needed!" Jeongyeon jokingly imitated Noir's voice making everyone laugh at her "Everyone's waiting for you at the house to celebrate." she said which made him smile "Well then, girls, walk with me?" he made his way towards the place they will be celebrating and the girls followed.

"I've never seen a man so determined before with his actions. Is this the attractive side of men?" Sana said and made her way next to Noir as she tease him by hugging his arm "Can't answer that." the latter said while gently pulling his arm away from her grasp "Hey Noir, I've been thinking, do you like her?" Chaeyoung ask making all the girls' attention focused on the one man only "Yeah, of course I like her." he answered nonchalantly. The mood was quickly change to awkward and quiet, only their footsteps can be heard "What's with girls changing expressions everh few seconds?" he obliviously wondered.

Finally reaching his place, opening the door he saw Iris, Caesar, and his parents. "Just in time! Your mother and Iris made food for all of us. Dig in!" Momo smiled and rushed towards the table while rubbing both of her hands "Don't mind if I do." she was about to grab a bunch when they heard Caesar yelped and was flickering.

"What's wrong, sweetie?" their mother asked as she and her husband begone flickering as well, Iris and the rest of Twice - excluding Momo who was eating - rushed to the three Iris examined her supposed family-in-law and then look at Noir "What's happening?" Noir couldn't answer, he doesn't know either.

He heard a commotion at the town square, looking outside the window, he then see some of the villagers were also flickering "Uhm, guys?" calling out their attention, he look to who it was and it's Dahyun, she was also flickering, like a light bulb flickers on and off due to electricity bills. First it was Dahyun, followed by Nayeon, Mina, and then Tzuyu. Noir look outside again and see that some people were disappearing, this put a panic on Noir until he heard noises from the image of the sweetheart, he saw that pristine life is surrounding her, green grass, trees with fruits, birds chirping and flying around, he saw that one of the locals was there, like waking up.

"She's..." he look back inside the room "She's reviving everyone that died." he had a surprise expression on his face "She quickly adapts to everything." he said it more likely to himself. "Tzuyu." he called the girl to come over which she did while slowly but surely some of the girls disappeared along with his family, Momo screaming "Nooooo!" when she was still eating and was about to disappear. "I didn't tell her one thing before I was gone." said Noir while Tzuyu was listening closely "Tell her... that I am so proud of her, watching her growth gone through the roof, it feels so fulfilling. It makes me proud, it really is."

Tzuyu nod her head shortly after, understand what he said before slowly disappearing in front of Noir and waking up in a familiar place where they all died. The sweetheart was still unconsciously reviving almost everyone except the killer, her eye color were different until it returned and she collapsed to the grounds breathing heavily.