Chapter 2

4969 words
Short chapter

Y/n's POV

I was about to go down the platform but I heard TONS of beeps as the crowd stop laughing and went silent. I look at the professors to see their mouths drop. I look up as my tears streamed down my cheeks and I frowned seeing...

162,625,000

It's still not enough to beat Tzuyu unnie's though. Noir said it's more than 4 millio- TONG!

The crowd gasps, I look at them looking at my numbers. I then look my numbers and- HOLY MOLY WOW!

2,162,625,000

I heard murmurs and mutters from the crowd.

"She's-She's insane!"

"She beat the record of 1.5 billion mana!"

"Mine is just barely a hundred million!"

"What ever her peace of mind is, I think she found more than 5 or something!"

"She's 10 to 20 times stronger than Senior Noir and Tzuyu!"

Stronger? But Noir said it's a mana capacity.

I look at Noir to see him scribbling something on his pocketbook and tapping something on his calculator while Tzuyu unnie and her friends stares at him weirdly.

"A-Alright Celestians, settle down. Let us continue our rankings, and after that I want to announce something." Principal JYP look at me. "I'm sorry about everything that just happened, Ms. L/n. Please take a seat." I nod at him and went back to my seat while some other students look at me like I'm unique or something.

I then sat on my seat next to Noir while glaring at him "Whoa, why are giving me a cold shoulder for?" he put a hand on my shoulder. I slap it and look somewhere else than him "Hmph! You said mine is only a 4 hundred mill, but it's actually a 2 bill."

His eyes went wide "Then what are you complaining about?"

I look at him "Because now, I'm the talk of the school. And I don't want that." I then look away. There was this long silence between us, Tzuyu unnie and her friends seem bothered.

I heard him sigh, I then felt my chin was grab and made me look at him, our faces our very close to each other. My heart beats faster, his eyes are very cold like he isn't the one I'm sitting next with "Ok Y/n, you want to have a talk? Let's talk." I gulp.

...

Both of us are sitting each other's bed, face to face. Not making a sound, motionless, both of us stared at each other's eyes. Noir's eyes are cold as eyes, mine are intimidated, I look down at my feet.

"I have sworn that my calculations are very correct. But why does your result is 5 times greater? Is it because you're hiding something from me?" I shook my head.

"Is it because you think I'm an enemy?" I shook my head again.

There was this long silence until I felt I was grab by Noir.

"Noir, what are you doing!?" I tried to fight back.

Noir's POV