Chapter 14

Third POV:

"This must be the Arcadian Ruins. It is just me, or does it look... plain?" Paimon asked.

"It's a disguise." Veliona answered her question.

"Oh, Paimon gets it! The perfect disguise is always in plain sight! Kaeya's grandpa sure is impressive." Paimon said.

*Pitter-patter*

"Listen, Emerge- I mean Paimon..." Veliona said, looking at the mysterious ruin.

"Oh! Mice." Paimon said.

Veliona facepalmed. "You didn't even try, did you?"

"It's no time to get suspicious. We're close! Hurry! The treasure is waiting for us!" Paimon said, as she went inside the ruin.

"I think you're the one who wanted the treasure." Veliona muttered, and decided to follow Paimon inside the ruin.

As Paimon and Veliona went inside and go to the depths in the ruins. They've encountered many hilichurls, slimes and start to attack them. Veliona summoned her scythe and starts to attack them in a blink of an eye.

After Veliona finished killing them, the two of them have reach the end of the ruins. Paimon floated around the area looking for the treasure.

"Ugh... Is this the end? Where are you, my treasure!?" Paimon said, still looking around.

Veliona also looks around the area but never saw the treasure they were looking for.

"Let's look around, Y/n." Paimon said, as she looks at Veliona. Veliona turned her head to Paimon and nod her head.

"Hahaha... I'll save you the trouble." An unknown voice said.

"How about you let me take over?" The unknown man walks towards to them.

"The Treasure Hoarders?" Veliona said.

"Sharp eye, but too slow. I'm Izzard." The man named Izzard introduce himself.

"So it was you who's been eavesdropping our conversation." Veliona said.

"That's right! I thank you both on behalf of the Treasure Hoarders." Izzard said.

"We've been keeping a low profile, how did word get out?" Paimon said.

"Low... profile...?" Veliona questioned.

"Hmph! Paimon won't let you have the treasure without a fight!" Paimon put her hands on her hips.

"You would be wise to not underestimate us. Especially you, little girl." Izzard said to Veliona.

Veliona gritted her teeth as she grip her scythe, wanting to kill this mf right in front of her.

"My gang is just outside waiting for my order. However, they're not as... sociable as me." Izzard crossed his arms.

"I'm sorry to rain on your parade..." A familiar voice said.

The three of them looked at the voice where is coming from. They saw Kaeya and with two knights walking towards them.

"But your gang won't be participating in your current plan." Kaeya said.

"If you'd like to ask why, you can go see them... in Mondsadt Prison. Or perhaps you'd prefer to join them permanently?" Kaeya asked the Treasure Hoarder.

"The Knights...?" Izzard said, who looked terrified seeing them.

"Hey, it's Kaeya!" Paimon said.

"Kaeya, he wants to steal your treasure! Get him!" She said.

"Ugh... almost had it!" Izzard said.

"Oh, you mean the treasure? Sorry, but there wasn't any treasure to begin. You came all the way... for nothing. Just give it up." Kaeya said.

"What?" Paimon gasp.

"No... treasure?" She asked.

"Knew it from the beginning." Veliona said.

"You knew!? And you didn't tell Paimon about it!" Paimon huff at Veliona.

"Hah. You got me good. Didn't think the Knights would resort to such tactics." Izzard said.

"A thief has no right to criticize the methods of the Knights of Fav- Wait, what are you..." Kaeya pause, and saw Izzard running away from him.

"You're not gonna get me!" Izzard said, but he accidentally set the Ruin Guard on and started chasing him.

Before Kaeya could attack the Ruin Guard, Veliona beat him too it.

"Get lost in the darkness!"

Veliona uses her ultimate and destroyed the body parts of the Ruin Guard within a second.

"How embarrassing... Having my life saved by a little kid." Izzard said.

"You shouldn't have underestimate Y/n." Veliona glare at the Treasure Hoarder.

"Don't forget what you promised... or that thing will be the least of your worries." Kaeya said.

"Hey... Is this how the Knights of Favonius treats the people they catch?" Izzard asked.

"I'm just joking. Alright... Let's take him back." Kaeya said.

"Sir! Yes sir!" The two Knights said.

"Captain, should we take these two in as well?" One of the Knights asked, looking at Veliona and Paimon.

"What!?" Paimon exclaimed.

"Haha, of course not. They are the ones who made this arrest possible. Without them spreading our fabricated Intel, we wouldn't have been able to catch the Treasure Hoarders." Kaeya said.

"So you lied to us?" Veliona said.

"You're a bad man for lying to me... Shame on the Knights!" Paimon angrily stomp her small feet on the air.

'This is why I didn't let Y/n to take this dumb quest. Cause she hates liars.' Veliona thought.

"Alright, alright... Stop it already." Kaeya said.

"Though the treasure doesn't exist, you did want it for yourself, didn't you? Otherwise, you would have informed me of your intensions, no?" Kaeya asked.

'Well, he wasn't wrong about you, Emergency food.' Veliona thought.

"That... well... ah... Hmph! Let's go, Y/n. Paimon's done talking to him!" Paimon said.

"Ha. Just a sec. You did help me out, so you do deserve a reward." Kaeya said, as he brought the reward to us.

"This is the "Triumphant Harbinger of Dawn That Points Towards Victory." As it's name suggest, it symbolizes light and victory. If you don't mind, I would like to present you with this Harbinger of Dawn as a reward." He said.

"Harbinger of Dawn? What do you think, Y/n?" Paimon asked Veliona.

"No. I don't want it." Veliona said.

"Eh!?" Paimon said.

"Then what do you want, Y/n?" Kaeya asked.

Veliona grin and looks at Kaeya, her red eyes glow and said.

"It's simple. I want you, to fight me."

______________________________________

Should I let Sirin be the Unknown God for the plot of the story or not?