Chapter 17

Third POV:

"This is Springvale. There must be some clues about Raptor round here. The Sister from the Cathedral put some secret Anemo markings on the artifact he took." Amber explained to Y/n and Paimon.

"Use your Elemental Sight and keep your eyes peeled for clues." Paimon said to Y/n.

Y/n nod her head and use her Elemental Sight to find some clues. The first one she found is a broken branch, the second one is a fabric, and the last one is an elemental mark.

"Hmm... How do we know if this was left by Raptor or an Anemo Slime?" Paimon asked.

"Anemo Slimes are airborne creatures. They don't leave marks on the ground, unless someone stomped on one to take-off." Amber said.

"...People actually do that!?" Paimon exclaimed.

"Either way, let's make a mental note of these markings. They're very clear. It appears that the elemental markings point this way." Amber said, as she points the way.

"Huh. Well... Do you think he ran off ahead?" Paimon asked.

"There's only one way to find out!" Amber said.

"C'mon Y/n, we should keep following the markings." She said.

Suddenly they've heard a noise out of nowhere. The trio look at the direction where the noise was coming from.

"Ohh, what's that? Looks like something's going up ahead..." Paimon said.

"It sounds like there's a battle going on- could that be Raptor? Quick, let's keep going!" Amber said.

Y/n, Paimon, and Amber went to the direction to investigate where the strange noise was coming from. When they got there, they saw someone being attack by 2 hilichurls.

Y/n summons her bow then attack the hilichurl, and Amber also summons her bow and take the other one. Once they've finished taking down the hilichurls, the man thanked them for saving him.

"Thank goodness, the Knights of Favonius have arrived! The hilichurls won't dare pursue me any longer..." The man said.

"What happened?" Amber asked.

"I can't believe it but... the hilichurls attacked our carts. Luckily I outran them." The man said.

"Hilichurls? But I thought the Knights of Favonius had cleared out most of the hilichurl camps around these parts?" Amber questions.

'And I thought the knights are reliable.' Veliona thought.

"It's a small camp not too far from the village. The route I take on my delivery runs ensures I steer of it. But today... some crazy fellow suddenly fell out of the sky and landed right in the camp!" The man explained the situation.

"Hmm... Who does that remind me of..." Paimon said.

"It really riled them up. They chased the funny-looking fellow as he fled, which brought them out into the open." The fruit vendor said.

'It's probably Raptor!' Y/n thought.

"I managed to get away, but they smashed my fruit carts to smithereens. I don't know what I'm gonna do when the merchant caravan gets here tomorrow." He said.

"... Funny-looking? In what way?" Amber asked.

"He was holding onto something. Must've been heavy, because he couldn't glide in a straight line to save his life... Maybe that's why he fell." The vendor said.

"Honestly, people like that shouldn't be allowed in the skies. It doesn't take a genius to know you're not supposed to carry heavy objects while gliding! I'm going to report that idiot and make sure he get his license revoked." He said.

"Heavy object... The artifact? This could well be our guy." Amber mumbled.

"Tell me, did you see which way he went?" Amber asked.

"I managed to catch a glimpse as I ran from the hilichurls. I think he went... that way." The vendor points the direction where Raptor went.

"Seems like a strong lead. Y/n, on with the chase!" Amber said.

"Oh, don't worry, as soon as I get back I'll tell the Knights to mop up the rest of the hilichurls as soon as possible." Amber said to the vendor.

The three of them went to the direction where the vendor pointed. While they were walking, they were ambush.

Y/n and Amber summoned their weapons and begin to fight. After they've finished fighting, they've continue their way to find Raptor.

"Apart from the hilichurls, there's a bunch of funny-looking people too!" Paimon said.

"Judging from the type of wind gliders they've got, I'd say this lot is with Raptor." Amber said.

"But if that's the case, what are they hanging around here for?" Paimon asked.

"Y/n thinks that they've been guarding here for anyone who is capturing Raptor." Y/n said.

"Maybe... Well, this measly bunch can't slow us down, that's for sure. But we also haven't found the artifact which means, Raptor still has it on him." Amber said.

"... Forget these guys. C'mon Y/n, let's keep following the elemental markings." She said.

The trio still walking through the path, but they have stopped.

"Huh, look where we are..." Paimon said.

"There are no more elemental markings ahead." Y/n said.

"The elemental power on the artifact must have worn off. Raptor must have realized the markings would give away his position, and sent his minions to slow us down." Amber said.

"That way, when the effect wears off, he can make his escape. He won't get way with this! After him!"

______________________________________

Just like I promised, I made Honkai Impact x Child! Reader book. I haven't seen any Honkai x Reader books, and Honkai Impact needs to be recognized.