Chapter I: The Deal

The sound of the tea kettle whistling pulled my attention from staring out the window at the calming woods that surrounded me. Walking over to the fire, I used a hand towel to pick up the kettle, pouring the hot water over some herbs I had collected earlier in a dainty little tea cup. It was calm today. I had resorted to this small cottage in Virginia that was isolated and away from any civilization. It was my own personal vacation from my life.

Searching the world for where that bitch had hid my friend was a tiring job. I had been doing it for over 2,000 years now. I may not get sick or old, but I was getting tired, bored even. Waking up and scouring the world for the man I called my friend so I could put him out of his misery and reunite him with his one true love. But you see, I was never truly alone. I always had visitors. Not the best of visitors though.

I was known as the Anchor. The person who kept the other side where the supernatural went when they passed, stable. Keeping them connected to the living. Sometimes they were simple, passing through me causing minimal pain. Then there were the ones who passed though and nearly took me with them. My favorite were the ones who had chosen to stick around.

"Well, this is dreadfully boring." I turned my head slightly to see my favorite dead vampire.

"Kol. You know you don't have to stick to me all the time." I clicked my tongue at him before lifting the tea cup to my lips, taking a sip of the hot musky tea. Feeling it warm up my whole body.

"But you are the only tolerable person on this side. Finn is so much more of a bore on this side and mother keeps planning up schemes I do not want to have any part of." He complained with a huff. Trying to pick the kettle up that I had placed on the table with a towel under it to protect the wood. His hand just kept going through the kettle.

"Don't you have other siblings? Maybe you can haunt one of them." I rolled my eyes, watching him try to smack some maps off the table.

"What's the point of haunting if I can't actually move anything!" He snapped, kicking his foot at one of my nice chairs. "Weren't you some all powerful witch? Can't you do something!?" He looked at me, looking quite annoyed.

"I could, but atlas, I don't want too." I watched as he stalked to me, stand in front of me, bending down to put his face into my face. "Getting into my face is not the way to get what you want, Kol. Maybe you can help me look for Silas. Trade your life for his?" I smiled, sipping my tea. Kol looked at me, standing up straight.

"Really?" He questioned, I could see the distrust in his eyes. "If I find Silas and tell you where he is- You'll bring me back to life and kill him?"

"I wouldn't say it if I wasn't offering." I told him simply.

"I would be in my own body? Alive..?" He clarified. I sighed.

"Deal or no deal, Kol Mikaelson?" I stood up, looking at him.

"Deal." I smirked at him, grabbing his hand to seal the deal. He looked at me confused and shocked that I had grabbed his hand, my magic, a purple swirl, went from my hand to his. Wrapping our hands together and creating the deal. I released him, making him stumble a bit. "What did you do?!" He snapped at me, looking at his hand.

"Find Silas. When you do, you'll become alive, lead him to me and the spell becomes permanent. Break the deal and you go back to being dead and powerless." I explained. Sitting back down and picking my tea cup back up, taking a short sip of it as Kol stood there staring at me. "The sooner you leave, the sooner you'll be alive again, Kol." I told him in a taunting voice. Then he was gone. I smiled as I held the tea cup to my lips.

My dear friend, until we meet again.