Chapter X: Welcome to the New World

I was currently tangled with the hybrid in my bed. Both of us bare and relaxed. My head was on his chest with his nose in my hair. His hand rubbing my arm lightly as we both just enjoyed the others presence.

"Earlier-" Klaus started, taking a breath. "When my brother and I were here a few days ago, you two seemed close." He stated. I hummed at his sentence, lifting my head up to look at him.

"Are you jealous?" I questioned. My voice back to its normal calm tone. Klaus raised his brow at me.

"We're you two a thing?" He ignored my question. I sighed as I sat up, not bothering to cover myself up.

"Elijah and I had something similar to this. He caught on to my- energy." I explained, my voice wary of how Klaus would take it as I stood up off the bed, grabbing my silk robe before turning to him.

"And what was this?" His voice was small sounding, yet emotionless. I sucked my lip into my mouth, biting it slightly before releasing it with a sigh.

"A moment of passion? Benefits? I can't offer you what you want, Nik." I told him, watching as he got sat up on his elbows, staring at me like he was just told there was no cookies left in the cookie jar. Heartbroken and disappointed. Anger slowly creeping up.

"You don't even know what I want." He growled, standing up as he found the small pile of clothes of his on the chair. I sighed, pushing my hand through my hair to try and remain calm.

"Nik- I don't do relationships the same way most do." I tried, figuring out the best words to explain my situation. He had his pants on before walking up to me, making me back myself into the wall as he rested his hand on the wall behind me.

"Explain it to me." He spoke, slight hope reaching his eyes. The moment we shared with each other was so full of passion that I knew he didn't want this to be it. Hell, I didn't either. I swallowed my fears, looking into his eyes.

"I don't tie myself to- just one person." I offered. Taking a breath as he leaned closer to me. My eyes closing on their own.

"One person..What do you mean?" He looked frustrated not understanding what I was talking about.

"My last relationship was with two other people." I admitted. His eyes snapped to mine, wide and shocked. I nearly felt ashamed, My body shrinking into the wall. Afraid of what he would say.

"Like Polyamorous?" He questioned. I knitted my brow confused. I may have been alive this whole time, but I wasn't aware of any trendy words such as that. "Where you involve yourself in more than one relationship, both emotionally and sexually." He explained. "It's a new term." I looked at him shocked.

"It's a real thing? I'm not the only one who-" I felt my breath shake as I felt an emotional quiver rake through me. Klaus saw it happening, pulling me into his chest.

"Shh. It's alright, love." He whispered. My hands held onto his arms, steadying myself.

"I- I lived in fear of someone finding out. My relationships were always a secret.." I told him. My voice shaky as realization hit me. I didn't have to hide who I was any longer. I could be who I truly was.

"It's okay, love. You don't need to hide yourself away any longer." He soothed me. I saw Silas behind Klaus, looking shocked but smiling. He wasn't able to live this new world with me, but he was happy I could be who I was. "Does this mean, I have a chance here?" He asked lowly as he held me to him. Pulling away, I looked up at him smiling.

"Possibly." I teased as he chuckled. He leaned down, his hands tangling into my hair as he pressed his lips to mine, reigniting the passion with a simple action.