Chapter XXI: You have my word

Nik ended up leaving with Elena and Stefan, making sure they got out safely. I told him I was right behind them, but I wasn't. Silas appeared next to me, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"What are you going to do?" He asked.

"I'm going to end this.." I looked over at him. "Markos won't be coming back." Silas stared at me, trying to figure out what my plan was. His eyes widened as he saw my hands glowing.

"Rev! If you do that-" I nodded.

"I know Silas. But I can't let him come back. If he does, so many will die, so many will lose their birth right. I can't let that happen. I should have finished it the right way all those years ago."

"But you won't have any magic left to-"

"I know. I have a plan though." I took a deep breath, closing my eyes and imagining where Markos was, feeling for him. Silas released my shoulder as I disappeared in a puff of maroon magic.

-

"Markos." I acknowledged as I appeared in the Salvatore Boarding house. He thought the spell would be activating soon, but sadly I had already stopped it. Markos turned around, his eyebrow raised when he saw me.

"Revna. What a surprise. Come to kill me again?" He asked as he began to pour some of the Bourbon that was on the little alcohol cart. "Would you care for a drink?" I smiled at his cockiness. He really thought he had not a worry in the world.

"No thanks, I feel a bit too suffocated with your ego near me." I said simply, walking to the couch and sitting down. He watched me, before sipping on his drink.

"So what's the plan here? Going to hang around to watch your friends die? Or even your little boy toys? Originals, really? Never knew you had it in you to pull both of those two in." He kept speaking. I sigh with a roll of my eyes.

"Are you just going to talk my ear off?" I asked, crossing my legs casually.

"Well, I suppose you are going to try something. I just don't know when." He admitted, placing his now empty glass down. "You know, you can't stop it this time."

"Stop what?" I questioned, trying to sound like an idiot. Markos sent me a narrowed look.

"Don't try to play the naive act now. I've been watching you. You are quite brilliant actually." He walked towards me. "Making deals with the living to do your bidding. Very resourceful."

"I do pride myself in keeping my hands rather clean." I muttered, examining my nails as he stood in front of me.

"Ah, yet you did rip my heart out." He noted. I let out a small laugh.

"It was like playing in the mud for the first time, so thrilling." I raised my brows at him as a joke.

"But yet here you are, letting my spell play out. What are you planning?"

"Absolutely nothing. Why should I? Say, what time is this spell supposed to take effect? I have an early tea with some friends." I explained, watching as he pulled out a phone and looked at the time, eyebrows knitting together in confusion. "Oh no... Was it already supposed to start? Don't tell me- Performance issues? Can't say I've ever had trouble in that category. Shame." I whistled. Markos reached out, grabbing my throat and bringing me to hover off the ground. A smirk playing on my lips as I let him take action.

"What did you do?!" He demanded. I just kept smirking at him, channeling my magic to course through my body, leaving me and traveling into his hand. Before he could release me, I grabbed a hold of his forearm, holding him in place.

"You know, you should really understand how to stay hidden. You made it so easy to find you and figure out your plan." I started, my magic rushing out of me quickly, entering his body and burning him like acid.

"Wha-what is this?" He stammered out. Choking on his on air as he tried to get out of my grip.

"Oh, this? A little party trick I learned. When you want to get rid of a pest, you burn it to ash. My magic is not Pure as you put it. Mixing two magics together without experience will potentially melt your insides and wipe you from existence. Gotta love Biology and chemistry."

"St-stop this! It'll ki-kill you!" He warned, trying to get me to stop.

"Oh I know. But you see, I'm already dead. You signed my life away when you caused the other side to start to crumble. Because of you, I lost someone very dear to me. And now. I'm making sure you never come back." I growled out lowly. My body was growing weak, I knew it. Silas was watching from across the room. His eyes sad and glossy. As the last bit of my magic left me and entered Markos, his body began to turn to ash, blowing into an invisible breeze. "Good-Bye Markos." I whispered as I fell to my knees.

"Revna!" Silas ran up to me, holding my arm.

"I'm okay. I still have the traveler in me keeping me alive. But we need to hurry. I know what to do, but I need to make a phone call." He nodded as I reached over and grabbed Markos phone. I didn't have one, not one for technology. I scrolled through the phone numbers, finding Stefan Salvatore. Hmm this must be Damon's phone. Pressing dial, I waited.

"Damon?" Stefan answered, his voice still weak from losing so much energy.

"Guess again. Are you still with Nik and Elijah?" I responded. I heard rustling before a voice spoke through making my heart swell.

"Love? Where are you?" Nik. I closed my eyes, swallowing hard as I felt some blood dripping from my nose.

"Niklaus... I'm so sorry." I heard him hit a button.

"Revna?? What's going on?" Elijah spoke. Tears flooded to my eye lids, pushing to flow freely down my cheeks.

"Elijah, Niklaus. Everything is safe now. Markos is dead. For good this time." I spoke calmly, trying to keep them from knowing what was going on. I knew they would rush to me if they knew.

"That's great, love. When are you coming back?" Nik questioned.

"I'm not."

"Wait- What do you mean you're not? Revna, what happened? What did you do??"  Elijah spoke rushed.

"I'm just going on a bit of a trip, don't worry about me, okay?" My ears were ringing. "I-I have to go-"

"Don't you DARE hang up!" Nik demanded. He was trying to track me. I could almost feel the magic trying to reach me.

"Nik, Elijah.. I'll be okay. I'll find my way back to you both. I give you my word." With that I hung up, dropping the phone to the ground and stomping on it. Turning to Silas I nodded. "Let's get us out of here." I told him with a small smile. He nodded, grabbing my hand as I closed my eyes. A few small chants and a bright white light swallowed us out of the world. Leaving behind everything I had a chance of falling for.