Chapter XIX: Markos

Coming to, I noticed I was in a bed. The pain in my body dulling as I move to sit up. My eyes moving to see Elijah and Nik both coming up to me.

"Revna." Elijah stated, sitting next to me on the bed. "It was like I could feel something was wrong with you. When I got here, you were unconscious."

"You could feel me?" I looked between him and Nik, both nodding. "Weren't you out of town?" I asked Nik.

"I came as soon as I felt something wrong." Nik said, coming to the other side of the bed and sitting down, grabbing my hand as a way to calm down. "It felt like I was drowning."

"It's the bond." I snapped my gaze up to see Silas standing there. His eyes red and puffy. "When you let them both drink from you intimately it created a bond. They can feel when you are in distress." He explained as he looked away with a hard swallow.

"Silas...What's wrong?" I asked, my head slightly tilted as I went to stand up, being stopped by Nik holding my hand. Silas looked back at me, taking a deep shaky breath.

"Amara- She's gone." I pulled my hand from Nik, moving around Elijah and getting out of bed, stumbling slightly.

"What do you mean, she's gone?" I questioned, unsure what he meant as I walked over to him. "What happened, Silas? Where is Amara?" I could feel the empty pit inside of me burning. Like I was going to be sick at his next words. Like the world was being destroyed right at this moment.

"When the Travelers went through you, someone escaped..." Silas started, "Somethings isn't right over here, Rev. Amara was ripped from the other side..People are disappearing." The feeling of my heart cracking filled me. I snapped my gaze to Elijah and Nik.

"How long was I out?" I asked them. Tears brimming in my eyes.

"Maybe a day or two-" Elijah started, both of them stood up to come to me, but I held my hand up stopping them. Trying to pick through my mind of who would have broke out.

"What's going on, Revna?" Nik asked, his voice low as if afraid he was going to break me.

"The other side is falling apart. The travelers found a way to bring someone back, overwhelming me."

"Falling apart?" Nik questioned.

"People are being ripped away. Amara is gone." I explained, running my hand through my hair as I left the room.

"What are you going to do?" Silas asked, as he popped up in front of me.

"I'm going to track down this guy, drag him back to hell and try to save the other side." Silas grabbed me, stopping my walk, Elijah and Nik coming up behind us.

"It's Markos...Rev. Markos escaped." I stopped, looking at him. Memories coming to me.

1500 years ago-

"Who are you?" I smiled at the man before me known as Markos. Smoothing out my dress as I bite my lip some.

"I'm Revna. You must be Markos. I've heard a lot about you." I started making my way to him, my magic buzzing in my fingertips.

"I'm sure you have, but I don't believe I've heard of you." Markos spoke with his ego on full display. I had to say he wasn't terrible looking, not my type though. I don't usually go for a child who played hide and seek all the time.

"That's okay. You won't need to know me long." I told him as I dragged my finger along his chest. His brown eyes staring down at me confused. "I heard from a little birdie, that you plan to wipe magic from the world. How do you plan to do that?" I questioned, tracing my finger along his collarbone.

"Now where did you hear such an idea like that?" He asked, reaching up and taking a hold of my hand, stopping me. I smirked up at him as I adjusted my hand to hold his back. Magic flowing into my hand, warming his. Markos's brow knitted in confusion as he stared at our hands.

"You're a witch." He muttered. I let out a soft laugh as he tried to pull his hand away from me.

"That's the thing Markos. I'm not a witch. I'm thee witch. I'm stronger than an average Traveler such as yourself." My hand heated up more, causing a slight hiss to come from him.

"The spell is already in motion." He spoke through gritted teeth. "Once it hits here, you will be powerless." He pushed a smirk out through the pain as I squeezed his hand as it started to really burn him.

"Oh? But you see, I'm not your average witch with your so called 'unpure' magic." An invisible force ran over us, the spell. "I guess this is our goodbye. I cannot let this spell go any further than it has." I released his hand and watched as he gave me a confused look as I shoved my hand through his chest, ripping his heart clean out. The spell instantly retracting, disappearing into thin air like it had never existed. The spell being tied to Markos instead of being tied to a Doppleganger like it originally is supposed to be.

Present day-

"Revna?" I snapped my gaze over to Elijah, my ears ringing slightly.

"What's wrong, love?"

"Markos is going to remove all magic except for Travelers magic.." I told them, my voice empty sounding as I tried to think of a plan.

"Magic? So we would-"

"Revert back to human and end up dead like you had died over a 1,000 years ago, yes." I finished for Nik.

"How do you know this?" I sighed, meeting Elijah's eyes.

"Because he did it once before and I killed him."