Chapter XVIII: Anchor Trumps Immortal

I went home the next morning. Elijah promised to let me have some time to myself to...reenergize. He was right when he told me to have my calendar cleared. I hadn't heard from Nik yet. Elijah mentioning that he had sent him on a chase of a wolf pack in a state over. Although, I believe that was just Elijah's way of getting me to hisself.

"Something is off." I turned my head to see Silas standing there, narrowed eyes pointed at me.

"What do you mean?"

"You're happy." He smiled. I rolled my eyes with a small laugh.

"I've always been happy." I protested.

"No you haven't." I turned around to see a new face.

"A-Amara?" She smiled at me.

"Hey, Revvie."

"You're here..." I breathed out, shocked I was seeing the woman I had been with many times and also killed.

"I never left you." She walked over to me, placing her hand on my cheek gently. "I was just a bit upset." She shrugged. Silas snorted at her.

"A bit? Really, Amara? Just a bit? You were mad at me for a week for still coming to see her." I laughed at Amara as she raised her hands in surrender.

"That's not what matters," Amara started. "I've been watching you. You haven't been this happy since I was alive and we were altogether." She gave me a pointed look.

"That's not true!" I argued. "I was happy about 500years ago." I mentioned, thinking about that day so long ago. Amara laughed.

"You mean 500years ago when you met Elijah Mikaelson? I'm not an idiot, Revvie. The Mikaelson brothers are the key to your happiness. We can all see it." I looked away from her, a smile on my lips at the thought.

"Okay, you're right. I am happy." Silas smiled as he walked over to sit on my bed.

"It's about time-" He paused. Eyebrow knitted together as him and Amara looked around.

"What is it? Is somethin-" I stopped, the sound of chanting hitting my ears. "What the hell is that?" I looked around, watching as one by one, people started to show up.

"Travelers." Silas muttered. The sound of disgust in his voice. There was so many, just popping up all over my house.

"What are you doing?" I asked, my eyes wide as one made their way to me, chanting over and over again. He grabbed my upper arms, causing a pain to shoot through me. Moaning at the pain as he passed through me. Before I could even have a thought, the next one grabbed me.

"Revna!" I heard from Silas. One by one the travelers passed through me, pain becoming excruciatingly worse each time. My body bent over as my vision became blurry.

Once the final Traveler went through me, I let out a sigh as my body collapsed to the ground. The world around me going dark.