Chapter XX: Doppleganger

"You've met this Markos guy before?" Elijah questioned. I nodded as I pulled on a fresh maxi dress. Not minding that Silas was here still. Nik was sitting on my bed, appearing to be deep in thought.

"I was about 540-ish when I met him. Well not meet him- I kind of tortured him and then ripped his heart out." I muttered, knowing they could hear me. Silas already knew the story since Amara had told him. I killed her so long ago, she knew most of what had happened. I jumped slightly when Nik let out a chuckle.

"You ripped his heart out? Tortured him?" He got up and walked over to me, placing his hands on my hips and smirking. "Why couldn't we had met you earlier?" I let out a breathy laugh shaking my head at him.

"Well, I believe when I faced Markos, neither of you were even a thought in your parents minds, actually...They weren't even a part of this world yet." I joked. Nik let out a short growl.

"I love an older woman." He winked. "I was thinking, this Markos guy wants to get rid of magic. What did he tie the spell to before?"

"Himself. That's why I was able to just kill him. The spell ended and retracted immediately." I explained, as I grabbed his hands from my hips, holding them for a moment before turning back to grab a pair of simple sandals.

"Well he wouldn't make it that obvious again, right? What does he have to do to put it on someone else?" I turned to look at him, my eyes moving to Silas as realization hit me.

"Dopplegangers."I whispered. "Silas- Go check on Stefan and Elena." I told him which he automatically disappeared to do.

"Wait- why Dopplegangers?" Elijah asked, rejoining the conversation.

"Dopplegangers was one of the first things created from pure and nature magic. Qetsiyah used a mixture to create them. And since I helped it made it a lot easier." I explained.

"Wait- Pure? As in Traveler magic? But that would that you are-" Elijah started. I nodded.

"My father was a traveler. Thats why Markos spell didn't affect me. I don't practice though." I admitted. "I'm not keen on being in a body that's not my own." I explained with a shutter.

"Well that explains how you are so powerful, love." Nik complimented, leaning down and pressing a kiss to my lips. I smiled at him. Opening my mouth to say something when I saw Silas reappear.

"They've got them." Silas spoke as soon as he saw me.

-

After much argument with whether Elijah and Nik would go with me to save the two look a likes, Nik ended up coming with me. Elijah was definitely not happy about not coming with, but I had put him in charge of finding a way to save the other side. I already had a slight plan, but if he could come up with a better one then it would be a lot better.

We were currently in the storage unit that they were keeping Elena and Stefan. I had already worked out what was happening. Markos was using their blood to create the spell. If they were the key to creating the spell, then they were the key to stopping it. I was going to have to kill one of them, but I could bring them back. My magic was strong enough. But we had to stop the spell before it got out of control.

"What's the plan, sweetheart?" Nik asked as we stood behind a wall, watching as some travelers were guarding the unit we believed to hold the Dopplegangers.

"This." I mutter, closing my eyes and moving my magic to my hand and throwing my hand out towards the guards. They both swayed before falling to the ground.

"Have I told you how sexy you are when you use magic?" Nik growled lowly. I let out a slight laugh rolling my eyes.

"I told you both I could handle this on my own."

"Oh I know, Love. I just wanted to see you in action." He admitted. I laughed.

"Come on, Wolfy. Let's save these duplicates and get home." I walked towards the unit, looking to see if I could just open it or not. Nik came over and broke the lock off. "Sexy wolf." I teased, pulling the door upwards to open it. Both Elena and Stefan were chained to a table or for Stefan chained standing up as blood leaked from their wounds and into buckets. "Nik-" He nodded, moving to Elena and breaking her free. I walked over to the Silas look alike. Examining his wounds. "Think you can walk?" I asked. He groaned. "I'll take that as a no." I looked around, finding a small nail, and using it to slice my wrist open.

"What are you doing!?" Nik shouted in a whisper.

"They both need blood to be able to heal. I'm the only one who can help them." Lifting my wrist to Stefan's lips.He fought against me for a moment before I made him latch on, sucking my blood.

"He's a ripper, Revna!" Nik stomped over, abandoning Elena on the table, trying to get me to get away from Stefan.

"He's chained up, Niklaus. Now help Elena, I'll be over in a moment to help her." As Nik walked back over to Elena with a huff after I used his full first name, I felt Stefan deepen his bite, trying to get a better hold on me. I pushed my magic into my wrist, causing it to feel like Vervain which cause Stefan to pull back immediately, hissing at me. "Shh. We're saving you, don't be rude." I tsked, as Nik came over to break the chains off of him. I moved over to Elena, doing the same thing with letting her feed off of me. She wasn't as animalistic as Stefan was. Releasing on her own with a small thank you. "We need to go before they wake up." I told them as I moved to the buckets, waving my hand over the contents and making it all evaporate into the air. Nik stared at me with what looked to be hunger in his eyes. I don't know if it was from the smell of my blood on my wrist or from sexual lust.

After making sure they had no blood to use, I realized they couldn't have enough blood to even perform the spell. Now all I needed to do was kill Markos, again. This time, I won't let him come back.