three

Druig was vexed. 

Vexed that he had agreed to have all of these kids running around and trying to help his "poor, rundown" village. 

His village was content even without the wealth. They were under his leadership and it had proved to be successful. They didn't need money or luxuries, they just needed him and his power.

The village ran under a good system in which each person in the village had a different job. Each of their chores was fulfilled each day and their children were well educated. Not to mention, everyone had a full stomach by the end of the day.

And now, there were these bratty teenagers strutting around the rainforest acting as if they were going to be some sort of help to their well-established community. 

Druig knew, of course, that their community was just fine, however under the insisting of some of the townspeople, he had finally agreed to let a group come and volunteer. 

A group of three teenagers had already caused a ruckus within the village, acting as if they were in charge of the place. They treated everyone with the littlest amount of respect, so why was everyone being so nice to them?

He had noticed one girl with long brown hair and large hazel eyes, filled with irritation. 

Her chin was high with haughtiness and her nostrils flared with anger every time someone she did not know tried to speak to her. The way she yelled back in ferocity and defensiveness when Myra had called her out for being selfish infuriated him.

He remembered how furious he had been when listening to her nasally voice. 

He could have killed her right there if he wanted to. He could have easily gotten away with it too, using his powers on all of the individuals there. 

It wouldn't have been the first time he's killed someone who was breaking his rules, and it definitely would not have been the last. 

Mara Astor, daughter of Estelle Astor, the owner and head of Astor insurance monopoly. 

He had heard about her from the small television he owned. The Astor family.

Her mother, Estelle, was a bitter woman who inherited her family's business after they had died in a tragic accident. He could not find much information on her father, though, just that he was a nobody from a small town in Wisconsin who, in some miraculous way, charmed an Astor.

He had heard that their family was cutthroat and there were rumors circulating a few years ago which stated that they staged the murder of the head of the second top insurance company who competed for the number one title.

The CEO was found tied up and brutally slaughtered in an abandoned barn. The murderer was caught and was put in prison immediately after only a few days. However, there was no concrete evidence proving the case yet no one seemed to speak up on it. 

When asked to speak about it, Estelle Astor had put on a sad act, giving only one statement stating, 'It was a tragic accident.'

Druig knew differently.

He craved the information of this family's dark past and he would not stop until he got it. 

He wanted to take them down, starting with Mara Astor and her audacious personality.

---

The sun was scorching hot against Mara's back.

Dressed in a tank top and shorts, Mara picked out radishes from the Earth and placed it in an old, hand woven basket which looked like it would break at any moment.