twenty

'the first crack in the glass'

After another week of stolen kisses, waking up next to each other, and lots of love, it was finally Mara and Druig's last week together. 

Mara was not worried in the slightest because she had planned to have a long-distance relationship with Druig. Their love was so deep for each other, she knew that they could make it work.

Druig, on the other hand, was a mess.

Thought's of Mara meeting and talking to other men did not sit well with Druig. This foreign emotion flooded his head, making him sick to his stomach. Not to mention, he couldn't stop thinking of Mara having to go back and live with her mother. All he wanted for her was to be safe and protected at all times.

Seeing Mara through a small screen multiple times a day while she was on another continent would be very difficult for him. The thought of not being able to touch her or feel her made him sore.

If he had to control the entire population just to keep her safe, he would not hesitate.

As Druig was lost in thought, he did not initially notice Mara abruptly walking into his cabin, taking a seat on his brown couch next to him. 

She was dressed in a loose-fitting white cotton t-shirt and jean shorts. Her dark hair was tied up in a high ponytail, beads of sweat trickling down her face from the raging heat.

 "Hi," she said, her hand on his thigh, calmly stroking it.

Needing to feel her, Druig grabbed her arm and pulled her body upon his lap so that she was straddling him. He began to intensely kiss her before she interrupted, "Druig, I have to shower," 

He looked extremely attractive dressed in a black button-down shirt which was unbuttoned on the top near his collarbone making Mara tempted to stay. She bent down, leaving pecks on his exposed skin. 

"Just stay with me, my darling, I don't mind," his accent thick with love.

"Well I do and I need to shower," Mara said firmly as she climbed off his lap and started towards the direction of his bathroom.

"Let me know if you need some company," Druig winked suggestively, causing the girl to roll her eyes, murmuring how much of an idiot he was as she shut the door to the bathroom.

Her boyfriend waited patiently for her as he grabbed a magazine and aimlessly flipped through the pages, imagining her in the shower, growing more and more impatient as he waited for her to get out.

Ten minutes of agonizing later, Mara finally came out of the bathroom. Her hair was dripping wet and she had dressed in pajamas. She walked over to the couch and settled next to Druig, laying her head on his chest, dampening his gray shirt. 

"Something weird happened today," she said softly as she rested her hand on his thigh. 

"Oh yeah, what?" his blue eyes looked to his girlfriend with curiosity.

"It was so weird...you know how Sam and Kinsey have been bitching at me and just being assholes in general?" the brown-haired girl questioned as she examined a wet strand of her hair.

"Yeah," he replied, not sure where she was going with this statement.

"Well, today they just looked at me sadly. It seemed like they felt bad for me or something," she explained as a surprised look came across the man's handsome face.

"Really? I think you're probably reading too much into it," he said, his tone suddenly tightening.

"Maybe, I'm not sure. It was really strange, though," the girl replied as she curled up into his side.