seven

Light flooded through widows, enveloping Druig's room.

Druig lived in a nicer cabin, a few hundred meters from the main camp.

He had one bedroom, a bathroom, a living room, a library, and a kitchen. It was really all he needed.

Ever since he had left his fellow Eternals, he had lived alone, secluded from most people. 

No one had been inside his house for over a hundred years, until now.

---

Mara opened her eyes to be met with a completely unfamiliar room.

It was average-sized and dark in color. Black and white photos lined the walls and there was a cabinet with a mirror on top of it and a rocking chair in the corner. 

She looked down and noticed that she was still in her white dress, now stained red with her own blood. 

The memories came flooding back to her. 

The heartbreak, the pain, the big red fire that engulfed her surroundings, her will to die. 

A single tear fell down Mara's cheek as she tried to recognize where she was. 

She was laying in a huge bed with white sheets and many pillows which smelled strongly of mahogany. 

Mara decided to stand up and explore the room, attempting to find out where she was. 

All of the furniture in the room was made of wood. She checked the cabinet and drawers, finding them all to be empty. It was as if this room was just for show, completely unused.

The photos on the walls all contained people who were exhibiting some sort of somber expression. Each of these photos told a story, one that she could not formulate into words. The photos were the most beautiful, heartbreaking, and moving things that she had set her eyes on. 

She looked in the mirror and saw dried makeup and blood mixed together on her face. She was a complete mess.

Her lip and nose were a bit swollen and stung when she tried to touch it. She looked as if she was out of a horror movie; a victim.

Mara made her way to the door, opening it just a crack, peering out into the rest of the cabin, attempting to recognize her surroundings. 

From her position, she could see a very bare living room connecting to a kitchen that was out of her viewpoint. 

Right as she was about to open the door completely, her vision was suddenly blocked by a large body.

She looked up and was met with Druig's icy blue eyes, staring down into hers. 

"It's not good to go through people's things, you know, has anyone ever taught you manners?" he stated. 

"Where am I?" demanded Mara as she distastefully stared at the man in front of her.

"That is not a kind way to treat someone who just let you stay the night in their home, now is it?" replied Druig, sarcastically. 

"This is your bedroom?" scoffed Mara.

"Is there a problem?" 

"Why am I here?" she spat.

"I think that I deserve a little 'thank you,' Mara," said Druig, calmly. 

"A thank you for what?" snapped Mara, "For saving my life? You should have left me alone, I didn't need you,"

"You would have died and I cannot have that on my conscience," a smirk played on the man's lips as he stared down at the girl in front of him.